"little lower. a bit more" i observed, guiding the others on how far they needed to keep lowering him.

   a breaking sound caught my attention, causing my head to snap behind me, watching as the metal post gave out.

   i quickly jumped into action, grabbing the rope hanging from the top of the well while the others tried grabbing the post.

   my heart dropped, hearing glenns screams. "get me out of here!"

   i looked at him worriedly, using all my muscle to hold onto the rope. i grunted, trying as best as i could, "grab it!"

    "pull him up! pull him up!" everyone yelled, finally getting somewhere with the rope.

   my heart started to ease, seeing him slowly make his way back to the top of the well.

   when he reached the top, he pulled himself up with a little help from me as i engulfed him into a hug.

   he quickly snaked his arms around my body, pulling me closer, panting and whimpering. the others crowded around us, making sure he was okay.

   "back to the drawling board" dale sighed, moving his eye back to the walker in the well.

   me and glenn pulled away from each other, looking up to dale. "says you" glenn remarked, handing dale the rope as he stood.

   i stood up, walking away from everyone, heading back to finish my check up on carl. "melanie" i heard a people call out, causing me to turn.

   "don't. you knew i was right and you still decided against it." i started, throwing my hands up, "and for what? to let glenn put on a show?"

   i scoffed, leaving them to watch me walk away. "fucking hell" i mumbled, placing a hand on my head as i walked back into the greene house.
___________

after i was calmed down, i walked outside hoping to find glenn to apologize, but he was no where to be found.

"looking for glenn?" dale questioned, catching me off guard. i nodded, "yeah, i figured i should apologize."

dale walked to my side, shaking his head, "no, you were right."

i didn't say anything else as i looked down at my fingers, picking at my nails. "glenn went on a run with maggie, they should be back soon" dale informed, causing me to nod.

"you have any good books?" i questioned, earning a nod in response, "come in, check out my collection"

i smiled, following him into the rv. my eyes landed on the small bookshelf, making my way to it.

i lightly traced my hands over all of them, getting flashbacks of when me and glenn first hung out. "my first night with the group" i chuckled, pulling out the book glenn was reading.

"to kill a mockingbird, huh?" dale questioned, causing me to snap back into reality. "uh yeah, good book"

he looked at me suspiciously, slowly nodding. we heard shouts from outside, thankfully taking dales attention off me.