"This is where the guests are going to be seated. The dance floor is over there. Oh, and the band is going to be here." Heather listed off as she pointed to all the spots.

I smiled at my best friend as she told her brother everything that he has missed out on. Heather and I became best friends in 8th grade when one girl took my lunch tray and dumped it all over me in the middle of the cafeteria. Heather walked right up to the girl, grabbed her plate of spaghetti and smeared it all over the girls face without a care in the world.

She hooked her arm through mine and steered me out of the cafeteria and to the gym where she helped clean me up. While I was trying to wash my shirt she went and found her brother, Mason, and got one of his shirts for me to wear.

From that moment on we declared each other best friends and that was that. We became Heather and Sam, the duo that never left each others sides. Now 13 years later here we are. Heather was only days away from marrying her prince charming and I was her maid-of-honor.

I couldn't be more happy for my best friend for finally getting married. After 6 months of planning, trying dresses on, finding venues, meltdowns, we were days away from the big day. And lets just say the last 6 months have been...hectic.

When I agreed to be Heather's maid of honor, I didn't expect that meant that I would basically become her wedding planner as well. So the past 6 months has been filled with non-stop wedding stuff. If I had known that, I probably would have reconsidered saying yes.

"Why is she telling us all of this?" Mason suddenly whispered, coming up beside me.

"Because the wedding is in two days, you've been gone, and you are the best man." I said, ignoring how close he was to me.

"Being best man doesn't mean I have to do a lot does it?"

"Just you wait." I smirked up at him.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Seeing his expression I found myself laughing.

"You've been gone for 6 months Mason, that means you have a lot to catch up on and in little time." I shook my head at the look on his face. "We both know your sister is going to make her wedding day absolutely perfect, which means there is a lot to do for the two of us. Just brace yourself for what is to happen the next few days."

Poor Mason had no clue what the next two days were going to be like. He's had the luxury of being being gone the last 6 months while I have not. I've dealt with every emotion you can think of with Heather. One moment she is fine, the next she is screaming, and then balling her eyes out.

"It can't be that bad," he tried to reason. I shot him a look. He was delusional if he thought Heather was going to be anything but a perfectionist on her wedding day.

"Mason, we both know your sister. She is a perfectionist and has been dreaming about her wedding since she was five. There is no way she isn't going to expect her day to be absolutely perfect."

Before he could reply, I nudged him forward as Heather kept talking about the wedding. While we followed behind her, I tried not to let myself get distracted by the guy walking beside me. Mason's large frame seemed to take up the entire space and somehow made the large room feel smaller.

Every so often his arm would brush against mine sending goosebumps all the way up my arm. I've had plenty of practice hiding any sort of emotions towards Mason. 13 years of hiding feelings and acting like the most simplest things didn't affect me.

"And finally, the head table where we all will be at is here." Heather shook me out of my thoughts as she came to a stop in front of us.

"Feather, it looks great." Mason smiled at his sister. In front of him Heather scrunched her nose up at the nickname. Ever since they were young Mason always called Heather, Feather. He always said it was because it 'rhymed' but I think it was because he knew it pissed Heather off. No one else, and I repeat, no one else was allowed to call her that but her big brother. Not even me.

"Thanks! It will look even better tomorrow when everything is done." She sighed dreamily as she glanced around.

Heather met Evan Michaels 4 years ago on my birthday. Us two and a few other friends decided to go out to a club for my 21st birthday and it was there they ran into each other, literally. Heather was coming back with our drinks when Evan ran right into her, making her spill our drinks all over him.

From what I heard it was love at first sight for him. A few weeks and multiple dates later they became boyfriend and girlfriend, and have been dating ever since. About 8 months ago Evan finally proposed to her. Took him long enough. Heather's words not mine.

I smiled thinking about the pair. They were a match made in heaven I tell you. Heather was a model for Calvin Klein and Evan was a sports newscaster for college football. The two of them just fit so well together and I couldn't be happier that my best friend finally found her person.

As for me well...let's just say I have a long way to go in that department.