Chapter 29 - A visit from a friend

After the team had gone to bed Loki took the opportunity to head down to the med bay to visit Y/N.

After walking down the long hospital corridor he stopped outside Y/N's room. He looked through the window to see her laying asleep. Still hooked up to the machines and displaying her war wounds Loki stood and stared. He felt guilty.

He hesitantly entered and walked over to her bedside to sit where Tony had sat earlier.

"Y/N?" He whispered.
She stirred in her sleep but didn't open her eyes.
"I hope you can hear me. I'm sorry. Y/N I'm so sorry." Loki continued to whisper and Y/N fluttered her eyes open.
Loki was hoping she would look at him with glee of his presence but instead she stared with complete and utter fear.
"Hey, it's okay don't be scared. Please don't be scared. You're safe" he tried to reassure her but she began fumbling her bedside to find and raise the alarm to the nurses.
Loki grabbed the button in his hand and held it out of her reach.
"Don't do anything stupid Y/N. Please listen to me"
Her breathing began to get faster which was evident on the heart monitor. She was petrified of him. Tears filled her eyes. She felt trapped.
"Y/N say something. Please" Loki begged.
"Get...out" her lip quivered. Loki frowned,
"Not until you accept my apology" Loki was pushing his luck.
"I said...get.. out" she was terrified but equally angry, she was shaking.
Loki bit his lip and stood from her bedside and stared at her. He felt awful but was angry that this wasn't going to be a simple fix.
"Fine. But you will talk to me. If not now. Tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then the next." Loki growled and left Y/N alone and slammed the door. She flinched and began to sob.

*Y/N's POV*

Loki. He's here. Why is he here. I can't speak to him. I won't speak to him. How dare he. Who does he think he is ? How dare he demand that I speak to him. How can he possibly think that I would ever give him the time of day to listen to his lies. He hurt me.

*Loki's POV*

Stubborn girl. She will speak with me. She will accept my explanation and apology. We will move past this. She has no choice. She will forgive me.

*normal POV*

Loki returned to his room, slamming the door behind him. He was angry that his first encounter with Y/N hadn't gone his way. Right now his anger was overshadowing his feeling of regret. Which wasn't a good thing.

Morning came and the team were preparing to go on a mission for Fury. Tony and Bruce stayed behind to start working on Y/N's plan to recovery so left the rest to go along. Loki included.
"Thor take rock of ages with you. He needs to get out the building for a bit" Tony said
"Of course , I agree. It will do him the world of good. Brother? Let's go" Thor ordered.
Loki reluctantly went.

"Come on banner let's go check on Y/N" Tony and Bruce left to go down to the med bay.

Upon arriving Y/N was awake and sat up in bed talking to one of the nurses.
"Hey look who's up! How're you doing ?" Bruce smiled and wandered over to her bedside.
"Morning Bruce, I'm okay. How're you?" Y/N replied
"Not too bad , Tony and I wanted to go through some recovery plans with you today to get you out of here. How does that sound?" He asked
"Yeah you don't want to be cooped up in here forever!" Tony playful patted her shoulder.
"She'll be here a little while longer I'm afraid boys. Don't get ahead of yourselves. She still has a long way to go" the nurse replied and left the three alone.

"Tony? Can we put a lock on the door? I know it's not locked from a safety point of view but just from a privacy point of view can we ?" Y/N asked but she knew it was more of a safety point after her encounter with Loki last night.

"Why?" Tony could read Y/N like a book and knew she was lying.
"I just.. no reason" she tried to smile but looked away.
"Y/N why do you suddenly need a lock on the door? Did something happen?" Bruce asked with concern.
Y/N sighed "Loki visited me last night" she couldn't look Tony in the eye.
He was fuming. "Did he hurt you? What did he say? I'm going to kill him." Tony began pacing the room.
"What? No, Tony he didn't hurt me. It's just... he's in a strange mood. He was demanding that I let him speak to me. He was angry that I wouldn't hear him out"
"He's angry? How the hell does he think you feel? Who the hell does he think he is? He's banned from coming Down here. Bruce and I will have a guard stopping him. Okay?" Tony tried to reassure her.
"Do you think this is necessary Tony? Let's just talk to him" Bruce knew that talking would only fuel the fire but he could see Tony getting riled up which would only make him turn green.
"I just don't want to talk to him right now. Or see him. I'm not ready." Y/N twiddled her hands and looked down to the floor.