Prologue 2: Bakugou's Strings

Bakugou's P.O.V.
I am Katsuki Bakugou. I'm going to become the number one hero and be better than All Might. But I have a recurring problem. The thing is, I was born with two Strings of Destiny instead of one. Both of them are red. The problem isn't that I have two. I think that's pretty cool. The problem isn't that they're red because I know that I'm attracted to guys. That's no secret. Almost everyone knows. The problem is, that both of my strings are black. I know who both of them belong to. One of them belongs to my- I mean...that nerd, Deku. And the other one belongs to that Icy Hot bastard, Todoroki.

My string on my left hand connected to Deku's when we were just kids in kindergarten. It was when I fell in the lake and he came down to help me. The reason I acted so mean to him was because, when he stuck his hand out to help me, my string on my left hand connected to his wrist and it automatically turned black. There wasn't even a split second wait so it can indicate the color. It just turned black in 0.0 seconds. So I acted mean towards him to try and push him away. But he always came back. I eventually came to a realization that maybe it was black because of the way I treat him. So I stopped bullying him and saw him as my equal. Kind of like how I see Kirishima. I even called him my rival, meaning that I see him as a worthy opponent. But nothing changed. My string that is connected to him is still black and I honestly don't see how to turn it purple. Loving him isn't the problem. I would never tell him, but I do really love him. He is literally on my mind 24/7. So maybe he doesn't like me.

My string on my right hand is connected to Todoroki. It is also black. My string connected to him when we were fighting. That day, I had said something mean to Deku by accident and Deku ran off somewhere. Todoroki being an overprotective friend of his, wouldn't let me go after him and he punched me. Of course I wasn't about to sit there and just take a beating. So I punched him back. It quickly escalated and we both ended up hurt pretty bad. Our quirks got involved and it wasn't looking good. The teachers still hadn't come to break us up yet either. As I started standing up Todoroki pushed me back onto the ground. Then he sat on top of me and started yelling. I started yelling back and banging on his shoulders so he could get off of me. I didn't realize it then but we were both crying at the time. I didn't know why he was crying, but I was just letting out pent up feelings. That's when the string on my right hand connected to his and it turned purple. For a second I was relieved. But then it turned black, like it changed his mine or something. I laughed at let my head fall to the ground. Todoroki was still sitting on top of me and he looked confused at my expression. He then started laughing too. I saw him look down at his wrist and he started laughing even harder. Right then I knew that his string connected to mine. I didn't know what color his was but it was funny. He got off of me and laid next to me. We were both laughing. In a matter of seconds though, we both fell asleep.

After that, we never talked about what happened. I know his string is connected to mine but I never say anything about it. To be honest, I can see why my string for him went black. We can't really get along. But what led me to believe that the whole fated soulmates concept was bullshit, is my parents. They are "fated soulmates" supposedly. But all they do is argue and fight. They say that both of their strings are purple, yet they don't act like it at all. If fated soulmates are not in a healthy relationship with someone they can trust and be around, are they really fated soulmates? I don't think so.

Truth be told, two weeks ago, I cut off both of my black strings so I could start over. Both of them grew back as red strings after a day. You want to know who they connected to. Left hand was Deku and right hand was Todoroki. And the one with Deku automatically turned black and the one with Todoroki turned purple for a second, and then turned black. Exactly like last time. I was really confused because this is supposed to let you start over again. So a week later I cut off both of them again. You want to know what happened? The EXACT same thing. Its either this thing is rigged, or we really are fated soulmates. I personally think its rigged. 

Like always, I was sitting in front of Deku while Mr. Aizawa was lazily teaching class. I was getting tired and started tapping my pencil on the desk. We were taking notes on close combat fighting. To be honest, I already knew half of this stuff and wrote it down. Usually, I wouldn't call this class boring, but this class is boring.

_________________________________________Author's Note:

Okay, I'm almost done with the prologues. The next chapter is prologue 3 and is about Todoroki. After that, the story can actually start. Sorry for the wait.

Hope you enjoy!!

Let me know if you have any questions in the comments.

Two updates every Friday

-Love Jayla