"Look at me." I demand when Evelyn closes her eyes.

She refuses.

"Evelyn, look at me." My voice is firmer this time.

She opens her eyes and looks right into my eyes. It feels as if she can see right through me, like she has opened the doors to my heart.

"You are be – hey! Look at me!" I raise my voice when Evelyn closes her eyes again just when I was about to say the word 'beautiful'.

"Stop saying I am beautiful." she glowers at me.

"But...you are." I look around.

I grab the cloth and I wipe her cheeks before she can say anything else.

"There! You no longer have tear stains on your face." I lean in closer and kiss her cheek. "Your beautiful face."

Evelyn groans and hops off and winces as she jumps off. I reach my hand out to help her, but she is already walking out the bathroom.

She does seem to be getting her strength back in her legs because she is not wobbling as much as this morning.

I follow her back downstairs and I go to the back door to let Sheila inside.

Evelyn sits on the couch and Sheila bolts for her owner.

"Hello my girl! Oh...yes...I missed you do." Evelyn giggles, while Sheila jumps onto the couch and licks Evelyn's face.

Now I need to wipe Evelyn's face yet again.

I look down and realize my sweater needs to go into the wash pronto. I walk into the kitchen, toward my washing machine. I take my sweater off and I put it in the wash. My fingers move toward the buttons on the washing machine, and then I freeze.

Dammit! I don't know how to work a washing machine!

"Evelyn!" I call.

A few seconds later, Evelyn is next to me. Sheila has joined us and jumps up, placing her paws onto the washing machine. Sheila looks like a she wants to be in on the conversation.

"Sheila, get out of here. You cannot be in here." Sheila hops off the washing machine and walks back into the lounge.

"Ransom." Evelyn clicks her fingers in my face, and I step back, finally unfreezing.

"What is inside the washing machine?" Evelyn asks, after taking the cloth in my hand to wipe her face.

"Really?" I look down at my bare chest and then back at her, raising my brow.

Evelyn doesn't seem to take note that I have no t-shirt on. She presses a few buttons on the washing machine and just then, she stumbles and her hand reaches out, landing on my chest.

Fuck!

That feels good. Really good.

I want more than just her touch. I want her to touch me all over. I want her lips over mine.

I am greedy. I want her right now!

What this woman does to me!

"Sorry. I lost my balance." Evelyn giggles nervously. "Can you please move?" she looks up at me and then down to my chest. Her hand moves slightly to the left and then she inhales sharply.

I can feel intensity between us.

Evelyn looks at me and I can see that she has hungry eyes.

I know she can feel the tension too!

I take her hand and I kiss it. Her skin is so soft. It's always soft. Evelyn never has rough skin. Ever.