𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩

Start from the beginning

"Hope not." Cole hangs his head to the side, glancing passed me and staring at the wall. His body is hard to not look at, I think he's having the same trouble. His body isn't like a fucking romance novel, but he is somewhat fit. He definitely isn't fat or anything. I can see an outline of where abs would be and if he breathes in you can actually trace the outline with your eyes. His arms are muscly but at first you'd assume he was weak, mostly because of his behavior.

He just overall has a small frame for a guy. Never thought I'd like someone like him. 'Like' meaning friends.

Who fuck and enjoy it.

"What'd you do this morning?" I question. This thought had been racing in my head ever since I woke up.

He nods his head, his pupils slowly moving to my face as if he was in his own mind. "I went home for a little bit. I told them what happened so my mom is okay with me here." I roll my eyes, nodding my head as I stare at my knees. "Don't be upset about it. I wanted to help you."

Instead of replying, I change the subject... sort of. "Is your dad okay?" He furrows his eyebrows, "I mean, because of what you asked me last night. I assumed—"

"He's fine." He interrupts. His phone begins to ring from his pants on the floor, and we both look over at it. "I should probably take that. I don't get many calls."

"Okay." His hands grab each side of the tub and he pushes himself out of the water. Now you can see his biceps. They are well defined too.

He grabs a towel and wraps it around his waist, reaching down and pulling the phone from his pocket. He leaves the room as he says 'hello.'

I should probably get out too. I told my mom I'll come see her today. I push myself up like Cole did, but I'm much weaker than him. I need to fucking workout more often. The only workout I get is everyday things. Picking up the cereal box, pouring the milk, running when it seems necessary, and lately, swinging my arms to hit someone.

I wrap a towel around my frame, opening the door. I stop quickly though, hearing Cole speaking softly to someone. He's fully dressed again. He sounds a little panicked.

"Mom, calm down. Just get out of the house. Get in the car. I will be there to pick you up in a few minutes, okay?" Cole's eyebrows are furrowed and his free hand is trying to pull his shoes on. "I know, just wait in the car. I'm on my way."

Once he ends the call I wait a few seconds before coming out into the main room, trying to straighten my posture as if I heard nothing. "Who was that? Your girlfriend?" I question with a forced chuckle and he huffs, shaking his head.

"No. It was nothing important. I guess I didn't have to take it." He chuckles lightly. "You okay staying here for a little while longer? I need to go do something."

I feel my heart clench that he is purposely keeping this from me and he doesn't even seem hesitant. Not that I care too much, I just wish he'd trust me enough to tell me things. Especially emergencies like that. It's kind of frustrating hanging out with someone who keeps secrets 'for your own good.' I'm sure we all hate that. Not just couples but friends too.

I nod my head, sitting down in the bed beside him. He's up quickly though, taking long strides for the door. "Okay, stay here."

"Is everything okay?—" he has already shut the door and I'm left here, looking at my towel-covered lap.

◉‿◉

COLE.

"Hello?"

"Cole, he- he hit me again. He hit me again." My mother sobs and it takes me a minute to even understand her.

My heart drops into my stomach as I grab some underwear from my suitcase and begin to pull them up my legs, my phone between my shoulder and my head as I pull them up around my waist. "What?" Is all I can think to say in my panic.

"I don't know what to do— he hasn't done this in years, Cole." She rants and I let her as I pull some pants and shirt on as well. "I was just talking to him about the bottle of rum— I know you said not to, but I couldn't help myself— and he got so mad... I didn't think he was capable of hurting us anymore. He hit you that one time—"

"Mom, calm down. Just get out of the house. Get in the car. I will be there to pick you up in a few minutes, okay?"

"Okay... I don't know what to do." She repeats as if she didn't hear me, but I know she's just panicking.

"I know, just wait in the car. I'm on my way." I say as I pull some shoes on. I knew this was going to fucking happen. I knew she wouldn't keep it to herself. Fuck, this is my fault.

Emery comes out of the bathroom and my panic increases for a split second before going back down. "Who was that? Your girlfriend?"

I chuckle lightly, relieved she didn't hear anything. I would tell her, but she doesn't know about my past. And she already has so much on her plate, I'd hate to add more to it. "No, it was nothing important. I guess I didn't have to take it." I force a chuckle. "You okay staying here for a little while longer?" Please don't ask... "I have to go do something." Don't ask, Emery.

She nods her head as she sits down beside me. I let out a mental sigh of relieved as I get up from the bed and walk towards the door. "Okay, stay here."

"Is ever-" I hate to close the door on her, but this is pretty important. I know my father will probably not even go near her again until her bruises are healed. He's probably locked up in his room right now, regretting himself.

But the thought that my mom is in the car, sobbing her eyes out while her face is forming a bruise... I shake the thought from my brain, walking passed the now closed breakfast place and marching to my father's truck.

The first thing I do is reach under the seat and pull out the bottle. I still haven't smashed it... I think now is a good time.

I fling my arm above my head, throwing it down roughly as I let go of the bottle. It smashes a few feet away from me and I step back so I don't get cut by the flying shards of glass. The high pitched breaking sound of glass soothes me and my anxiety decreases ever so slightly. That's over with.

◉‿◉

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎

I'm back finally!! Sorry for the wait. I hope this intense chapter has made up for it.

Love you guys:)

Chapter fifty six: Mar. 9, 2021