Chapter 24

Nat's POV

"вдова" (Widow)

I heard over the PA system, my body froze. Activation words, the Red Room now used activation words?! I saw the young girl in front of me start shaking, and grunting.

"марш" (March)

I rushed over and grabbed her face,

"Ana" I said tapping her lightly,

"You got to fight it kid" I tried to hold her, but her body was shaking so hard it was impossible

"боль" (Pain)

She started screaming, shouting at me to stay away. The desperation, the fear in her face, I don't think I'll ever forget it.

"This is just what HYDRA wants" I shouted trying to get her attention, but her eyes were shut tightly.

"We're going to be okay. Listen to me" I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say. I need to help her but how?

"потерял" (Lost)

I was trying to take the gun, but I could tell she was too far gone at this point. My hands grabbed her face, I was trying to tell her it would be okay. That I'd get her out of this.

""We're going to be okay, alright?"

"I swear on my life, I will get you out of this" her eyes snapped open and glared into mine, fear was still hinted in them, but she was losing the fight in her mind. Hatred and repulsion were growing stronger by the millisecond.

"You will walk away, and never ever-"

"возродиться" (Reborn)

Shit. Her whole body collapsed to the floor. Shaking with anger or pain. I froze, unsure if I should hold her, or back away.

At the same time the alarms stopped, the lockdown was lifted. The team were coming. I felt a glimmer of hope.

Ana was still on the floor, staring at the gun. One hand clenched in a fist, the other clenched round the gun, her knuckles turning white. She was panting, still in pain from what she just went through.

"Ana?" I called out softly,

Her face lifted up, our eyes met. Instantly we were back on the roof, one mission, one goal, to kill me.

"Romanoff?!" Someone called out over the PA, I recognised his voice, oh thank God.

"Steve, Steve, she has activation words. They used them. Ana's gone. I need help. You guys need to get in here" I shouted, the girl slowly stood up, her body was no longer shaking. She was no longer panting. She appeared calm.

"The door is sealed Nat, we're trying everything" Steve's voice replied.

So I was stuck. Alone. Ana in front of me with a gun. She wouldn't stop. She would keep trying until she killed me. All the work we'd done, everything over the last year and a bit was erased by those five words.

But now that I was thinking and planning, I could finally tell that I was injured, I'd badly sprained my wrist, and my right leg was in agony. I hadn't notice them before, I guess the adrenaline was wearing off. However she seemed totally fine and had a gun. This wasn't going to be a fair fight.

"Ana" I called out, walking closer to the girl, I wasn't left with many other options. Her eyes were vacant, empty, but she made no move to shoot.

"Ana it's okay" I said creeping forward,

"Natasha what are you doing?" I heard someone call out over the PA, but I ignored them.