Carrier: One

"Bro, something is strange," JiLi uttered and nudge him at his waist with his elbow, as he walks with Yuchen in the corridor.

"What do you mean?" He asked with his brows furrowed.

"I just feel like it," JiLi uttered and shrugged.

Upon opening the door of the lecture hall, they turn their gaze to Xiao Zhan's usual seat. He was not there.

"So that's what it is," JiLi nodded.

"What could've happened to him? He's not usually late like this," Yuchen tilted his head. They both went to their seats. Yuchen grabbed his phone from his bag and dialed Xiao Zhan's number, after few more rings he answered.

"Dude! Where are you?" He asked.

Xiao Zhan made a short paused, asking himself if he should tell the situation or lie about it. But then he decided to tell them, he sighed before speaking, "I'm at the hospital right now," he said with his faint tone.

"Woah what happened?" JiLi snatched the phone from Yuchen.

"Well, long story short. I'm figuring out how to pay my sister's operation, and it should be as soon as possible," He sighed once again, devastated and unable to think what he should do to accumulate a large sum of money.

"Hey hey! Now I remember! Yuchen, didn't you say something about a job yesterday?" JiLi turns his head to Yuchen.

Yuchen snatch the phone back from JiLi, "Now that you mention it, I asked about the details and it's a baby carrier job, Wang family has been asking around. And they said the pay is high, I don't know the other details tho," he shrugged.

"Baby Carrier? Like nanny?" he asked innocently.

"Maybe? Dad told me it was a job for an omega or a female, well he doesn't know any details, he was just told to look for someone fit for the job," He answered.

"Well, I should try. Where can I get the contact number?" Xiao Zhan asked.

"I'll give you the number, but first, you should get a check-up and have a medical certificate. You are needed to pass that," Yuchen added.

"Right, right, thank you so much. I don't know what will I do without you helping me," he smiled through the phone.

"You're always welcome buddy. You can always ask us for help whenever you needed, no need to keep it to yourself," Yuchen uttered.

"Yeah, thanks a lot." He smiled and cut the call.

.

"Yo, what's that baby carrier about?" JiLi asked Yuchen after dropping the call.

"I don't know the full details, dad just told me about some of it. But well, Zhan needed money for his sister's operation, it should not be a bad thing since it's from an elite," Yuchen shrugged as he texts Xiao Zhan the number he should contact for more information.

"You have a point," JiLi shrugged and turn his attention in front of him.

Just then, their professor came in.

.

"Ma, I'll just go somewhere," Xiao Zhan bid at his mother who is sitting beside his sister's bed.

She turned at him, "Where are you going?" she asked worriedly.

"Just somewhere, I'll be right back," He smiled at her before stooping out of the room. He went to get a check up immediately.

"This is it, I hope this can help my sister's condition," he mumbled to himself. He's sitting outside the doctor's office, waiting for his result. While waiting, he dialed the number that was given to him.