"What?" He looked at me with an amused face.

"You heard me,"

He put the wine glass down and rubbed his eyelids. Oh yeah, quickly thinking about a stupid excuse.

"Tweeky kept putting my things where they don't belong," he said after a while and tried to laugh it off, but he knows damn well I can read when he's lying.

"You could've told her to not clean that room, after all, she listens to everything we say,"

"I've heard you and the boys seem to be getting on very well...too well, I'd say,"

What is he doing? Trying to turn this all against me?

"I can date whoever I want," I said through my teeth, ready to leave this place.

"For now."

I didn't finish the dinner, I apparated to Hogsmeade straight from the dining room before we'd end up in a bad fight.

I have a one more free week before the school starts and no idea how I'm going to spend it. It's a lot of days and I have nothing to do. I think the Slytherins are throwing a New Year's Eve party, so that would be one day, and the rest is just for relaxing.

It's a dark Christmas evening and the Hogsmeade village is totally empty. I'm standing by the fountain in the middle of the shops and trying to warm up my fingers.

I don't know if I wanna go back to the castle. Draco is there and I'm not decided how I wanna act like. Am I supposed to pretend that nothing happened? That the kiss meant nothing? 

"Mayleene!" Shouted a woman's voice coming from behind me.

Mayleene? Aunt May?

I quickly turned my body to see if I heard her name right, and saw madame Rosmerta standing in the door of her Three broomsticks pub. Her hands are stretched in front of her, like she's waiting for someone to hug her.

But there's no one other.

Or is there?

As I sneak closer to her, I realie there are footsteps in the white snow on the ground, coming straight towards Rosmerta. Someone's under the invisibility cloak.

When the footsteps got to her, the person put the cloak down and revealed a beautiful blonde woman.

Aunt May.

After they went in, I waited a few seconds and then went after them. I have to know what's going on and why is she hiding here, instead of having Christmas diner with me.

The upstairs is probably where madame Rosmerta lives, I never knew that, but it makes perfect sense to have your pub just below your house. I followed them to the entrance hall and then they went to the living room, where I couldn't go, so I stayed in the hall and listened from there.

They didn't close the door, so I see how they both sat in a comfortable looking couch with fluffy pillows. May took off her beige jacket and sighed.

"What is it, May? What's wrong?" Asked her Rosmerta with a worried voice and poured her some firewhiskey into a shot glass.

"Everything, everything..." whined May and shot the alcohol into her mouth.

"Go on, tell me, cousin,"

Cousin?

My palm automatically went to my mouth and covered it.

"Amelie is asking about her mother, she...she has dreams with her,"

They really are cousins. Both blonde, curly haired, thin and even their voice sounds alike.

"Oh, I knew it was a bad idea to send her to that school...the kid goes through new thoughts and all," said Rosmerta and shook her head.

"The worst thing is, I can't tell her even if I wanted to. And neither can you,"

"Poor child, never knew of her mother, even that her sister raised her,"

Even that her sister raised her.

I gasped my mouth open.

Aunt May is my real aunt.

"She can never know I'm her aunt,"

Of course she is. She's always been there for me since the day I was born. She never found a husband because she sacrificed her life to take care of mine. She raised me like her own child.

We're family. These women in here are my real family. Until now, I thought it's just me and my father.

"Do you see Amelie often?" Asked May when she shot another glass into her.

"She does, with the boys and a ginger girl,"

"That would be her guards...it was my idea, actually,"

"She needs to be protected," nodded Rosmerta.

"One day, she will save all of us."