Loki

I tried to keep a straight face but failed. She was totally annoyed by my actions and sought out a way to make it even. I followed her instructions, curious about what she was going to do next. The key was to remain calm. I peeked myself up and sat at the opposite side of the cage. She followed me with her eyes, wondering why was I so relaxed. She took a seat while contemplating her next words.

"Why did you do it."

"Why did I do what?"

"Kiss me."

She caught me by surprise. I did not know how to address that question. The truth was that I had been wondering why I kissed her as well. It could have been the intensity of the moment. I replied sarcastically to avoid giving her a genuine answer.

"Not my fault your lips were so tempting."

Instead of getting fluttered she narrowed her eyes and raised her tone. She detected the mockery in my voice. I was making her believe that our intimate moment meant nothing to me when that was inaccurate.

"Are you being sarcastic? Am I just a game to you?"

"Why do you care so much? You act as if you have developed feelings for me."

Maybe she had. Deep down I hoped that she would just confess it right there and then, confirming my suspicions. I mentally prepared myself for her answer. I could not have been that wrong. When her lips brushed mine, gifting me with a soft but passionate moment, heat rose to her cheeks and her touch weakened.

A tap on the cage forced us to avert our eyes from one another and to end our discussion.

Althea

Thor...my only chance for salvation. I left my seat and I moved toward the glass once more.

"Thor, you have to explain to them what happened."

"Althea I would, but as it turned out I am not so sure of what actually happened."

"What does that mean?"

He started striding around us and I followed him.

"I do not recall kissing him being in our initial plan. I am starting to doubt your sanity."

I chuckled trying to lighten the situation.

"Me? With him? Thor, you know me better than that."

We reached where Loki was seated. To prove my point I hopped over him while struggling not to pay attention to his gaze or his grin.

"You are aware that the robot suits have cameras on them, right?"

"Bad angle then... How did they even find us so quickly?"

"After what happened the last time, they now have scientists monitoring the city for a large amount of radiation gamma in the atmosphere. They know if someone uses the stone from now on."

He stopped pacing and his expression hardened.

"Althea, we can not be sure that you are not being controlled. Unfortunately, you will have to stay in there. Tomorrow they will move you to another facility away from the city. Their scientists will run tests on you and if the results are positive you will be freed."