Seeker

Y/n tilted her head slightly to the side, watching William as he held out a broom that she took and could read the words 'Nimbus 3000' etched into the handle of it

Y/n tilted her head slightly to the side, watching William as he held out a broom that she took and could read the words 'Nimbus 3000' etched into the handle of it. She smiled a bit since it looks exactly like the one she has at home. She looked at William's broom and it seemed like the same one.

"You don't know what you were missing out" he sighed, looking at Y/n with a strange gleam in his eyes and at once Y/n understood what had happened. William had misinterpreted her answer about Quidditch. She said that she never played Quidditch, she didn't mean that she had never ridden on a broom before. It was a part of her training for Merlin's sake.

"William, listen you don't..."Y/n was cut off by him.

"Princess, don't say anything. Just listen to me and you'll be flying better than everyone in no time"He assured her in a strange grown-up voice. And it took everything in Y/n's power not to laugh at William as he continued explaining the basic flying techniques.

She just stood there, amused with how William was dictating the correct procedure to mount a broom and how to come back down to the ground. Something she learned when she was seven years old.

"Okay princess, you got that? Good. Now we'll start off slow. It can be a weird feeling but remember to hold on tight and you'll be fine. Okay ?" he asked, emphasizing some words here and there, which reminded her of how a professor explain things to kids.

Y/n had enough, she mounted her broom and waited for William to stop talking.

"Good Y/n, now like I said, just bend your knees slightly and then kick off from the ground, not too hard though. Just go on very slowly, and don't panic-" he was cut off by Y/n kicking off at an amazing speed that left William gaping at her with an open mouth.

Y/n felt the amazing exhilaration that flying always brought to her. She had never played Quidditch before but she had been flying since she was seven years old. Her flying skills and style had saved her life when she was a kid. She felt the cold wind rush at her as she raced high up.

Y/n swooped down and did a couple of loops in the air before zooming straight towards the goal hoops on the Quidditch grounds. She showed off her flying skills as she looped the goals at an amazing speed. And before she knew what was happening, she felt something zoom beside her. She turned around to see William smiling as he came to hover over her.

"You lied! You said that you had never ridden before!"William shouted at her, but he had a smile plastered over his face as he said it.

"No I didn't! I said that I had never played Quidditch, I didn't say anything about flying. You just assumed that yourself".she laughed back at him. It ended up being a good thing that she joined William. The encounter with Dumbledore really spoiled her mood this morning. But Wills made up for that.

He came toward Y/n to playfully attack her but she turned her broom around sharply and zoomed away from him. The two teens played chases all the while laughing uncontrollably. And they had not seen the small group of students that had gathered around to see the amazing flying skills of Y/n. No one knew she had that in her. Really this witch was full of surprises and it didn't fail to amaze them every time.