Shinohara: I also think.

Ayanokouji: (girl radar is always dangerous)

Haruka: What do you think airi?

Airi: I-I have also same thought.

Haruka: (airi has grown as she didn't faint this time)

"Good morning, Karuizawa-san"

Calling out to her, Satou runs over to Karuizawa.

"Good morning".

Towards Satou, Karuizawa too, naturally smiles and initiates a conversation.

"This is a rather unusual combination." Seeing me and Satou together, it couldn't be helped that Hirata would say something like that.

"Are you guys also on a date?"

Even if it's only as a formality, asking that would be good.

"Yeah. I also 'just in case' didn't make any prior plans for Christmas. Fortunately, nobody called me out either."

In anticipation for any and all situations, he seems to have left his plans for the day vacant for the sake of his fake lover Karuizawa. Hirata always places himself second and prioritizes taking action for the sake of those around him always. Even if I thought of emulating that, it's not something that's easily done.

"It seems like someone from your group of friends should have called you out though. No news?"

Not only classmates, it wouldn't be strange even if his seniors from the soccer club called him out.

"I wonder. I think they were just probably being considerate."

Answering like that, Hirata then looked at Karuizawa with a warm gaze. I see. By their surroundings, Hirata and Karuizawa are seen as the ideal couple pair. So in regards with someone like him with a girlfriend, right on the cusp of Christmas, they didn't do anything as uncouth as calling him out. This is proof that Hirata and Karuizawa are properly functioning as a couple.

Most of boys: Tch die you ikeman.

However, as long as their fake relationship remains established, it would be difficult for him to be intimate with another girl. It's somewhat pitiable that he was unable to flippantly close the distance with the opposite sex. Even if he finds someone he's interested in, since it's Hirata, he's not the type to simply cut off the request from Karuizawa. It's precisely because he could be trusted like this that Karuizawa too, found it easy to choose Hirata as her parasitic destination.

Matushita: Well you are free from your past so you decided to break from this relationship.

Kei: That's right.

"From the start, Karuizawa-san's someone who's always been frank with the girls from the class but I never knew you were this close with Satou-san."

Hirata whispers that while looking at the two of them with a familial gaze as though he were looking at a younger sister or a daughter.

"I did have the image of them playing quite a bit together over the vacation. Is that not the case?"

"At the very least, playing together on the holidays, I don't think they werethat close."

"Is that so?"

"Why did you think this was not uncommon?"

"Not really, just had a feeling."

In any case, there's no point in interfering with Hirata and Karuizawa any further than this. I checked the time on my phone. It's already 11:40. The screening time was fast approaching. It's about time I took Satou and headed over to the movie theater. I thought that but Satou and Karuizawa seemed to be chatting away happily. Since they were conversing quietly, I could not hear the contents of their conversation though. Even if I wait around like this, their conversation isn't showing any signs at all of ending. As I was lost on what to do, my eyes met Hirata's. From just that alone, it seems he understood what I was thinking.