Chapter 11: He's Back

Brittany's POV:

All of the sudden, Santana lightly shoves me behind her before we exit the restaurant.

"Oh hell no!" Santana growls. I look over her shoulder to see Sam. I instantly feel the tears burning the back if my eyes out of fear and I think anger. Santana turns around and pushes me in front of her outside, but once we enter the parking lot Sam runs in front of us.

"Woah.. what's the hurry ladies?" He smiles sickly.

She immediately pulls me behind her and I hold onto her for my own stability, and so she doesn't do anything she'll regret. I actually feel pretty safe with her.

"Please leave Sam..." I whisper, but he ignores me.

"So, whatcha up to?" He asks. "Are you on a little date?"

"It's none of your business, get the hell out of here. She doesn't wanna see you, I definitely don't wanna see you."

"Free country. I can do what I want. And what I want is to take my fiance back home with me."

"I don't wanna go with you Sam!" I say a lot louder. "I'm done. You treat me like shit, cheat on me, and much more. I deserve a lot better than you." I snarl the last part.

Santana holds my hand and tries to continue walking.

"So you're choosing this stuck-up, bitch of a doctor?" Sam says and Santana starts lightly laughing, making both Sam and I very confused.

"That is just about the lamest thing I've ever heard. You seriously think you can out-insult me? I'm from Lima Heights. I was raised on insults. It's how mi abuela put me to sleep at night, and she is not a nice lady. You know she tried to sell me once? And it wasn't til' I got to kindergarten that I learned my name wasn't garbage face. So Vagina Lips, you can leave now." She said giving him a sickly sweet smile.

He stood stunned for a minute. "You're not getting rid of me that easily." He said smirking. Santana let out a small chuckle before letting go of my hand, walking up to him and punching him square in the jaw.

"Goodbye Sam." Santana says and holds her good hand out to me. I quickly take it and we walk to her car.

"You're not going home." Santana says to me when she starts the car.

"Okay." I don't bother arguing.

We arrive at her place shortly.

My eyes widen. "Woah.. you live in a pent house?" I stare at her. She giggles and nods.

"Being a surgeon has it's perks."

With the lights on I can see her clearly again. I look down to see her bruised knuckles. I walk over and pick up her left hand and she winces.

"It's not that bad." She says to me.

"You are a surgeon. You need these hands. Now where is your freezer?" I ask

"Britt really it's-" she abruptly stops when she catches my glare and points the way to the kitchen. I open the freezer to find a blue ice pack. I wrap it in a paper towel and walk out. Santana is sitting on the couch. I sit next to her, facing her and shr turns to face me. I gently grab her hand and set the ice on it. She winced again, but it turns to a look of relief.

"Thank you." She says.

"I should be the one thanking you." I say quietly. "You didn't have to do that."

"Yes I did." She answers instantly. He deserved that the first time he put his hands on you. No, he deserved that the first time he said a mean word to you." She grabbed my unoccupied hand with hers and held it. "You're amazing Brittany. You deserve to be treated like a princess." She says smiling softly.

I let go of her hand and put it on her cheek. Smiling, I pull her in and kiss her gently. It's short and sweet. I pull back and lay my forehead against hers. "Thank you." I whisper. Her only reply is a small peck on my lips.

"Come on." She says after a few more minutes. "Let's go to bed." I take the ice pack off of her hand and put it back in the freezer. When I come back, Santana leads me to her room and hands me some shorts and a tank top. I run to the bathroom and change and when I get out I see santana already in hers and she's sitting on her bed.

She motions for me to come over and I lay down beside her. She turns off the light and we get under the blankets.

"Goodnight Santana." I yawn.

"Goodnight Britt.." she mumbles as I fall asleep.

Saturday morning.
Santana's POV:

I wake up and I feel constricted. I try to move but something is weighing me down. I open my eyes to see Brittany halfway laying on me, her face in the crook of my neck, and my arms wrapped around her.  I can't help but smile when I see her face. She is even smiling while she's sleeping. I sigh try to untangle myself from her without waking her. I epically failed. She starts shifting and she looks up at me withwhat sleepy eyes and smiles.

"Good morning."

"Morning." I yawn. "Do you want food?"

She nods and I ask "what do you want?"

"Umm... yummy food?" She almost asks in an extremely sexy morning voice.

I laugh "do you want pancakes?"

She perks up. "Blueberry pancakes?" She asks hopefully.

"Sure." I smile and get out of bed.

I walk to the kitchen and begin on breakfast. About halfway through, Brittnay walks in.

"Do you work today?" She asks me.

"Nope." Then a thought came to me. "By the way, what do you do?"

"Oh, I'm a dance teacher." She smiles proudly. "for all ages. I work at Chang Studios. Actually, a friend of mine from highschool owns it."

"That's awesome! You're gonna have to show me your moves sometime." I wink at her and she blushes.

"Uh... yah." She smiles shyly.

"Okay, breakfast is ready." I announce putting a plate in front of her.  She practically inhales it.

"Don't judge." She says with her mouth full. "I've been eating hospital food for months. I missed real pancakes." 

I just laugh and smile. "So what do you want to do today?" I ask her.

"Hmm.. wanna stay here, watch a few movies then go to lunch and see where it goes from there?" I can't help but think wanky.

"Sure! Come on! I know the perfect movie!" I state, pulling her into the living room.