i shrugged, pulling myself to sit up and in the mist, managed to place a light kiss on his lips.

"not even you can help me sleep, that's saying a lot." i started, turning my gaze to the dark sky, "so are you?"

"i was praying. i was trying to" he replied, causing me to raise my eyebrows.

"since when is glenn rhee religious? you don't pray." i assumed, soon feeling his fingers run through my hair.

"you don't know that" he muttered, causing me to give him a "are you sure?" look. my look caused him to let out a chuckle.

   "you're right, this was my first try"

   i nodded, standing up from the stairs to look at him, "i'm always right" i smiled, crossing my arms over my chest.

   he smiled at me, looking as if he was admiring the view. i opened my mouth, ready to say something about it, but my attention turned to the door that swung open.

   "maggie, what's wrong?" i questioned, looking at the frightened women standing at the top of the steps.

   "rick told me you were a doctor, was he right?" she questioned, causing me to quickly nod, walking to where she was.

   "carl needs to be operated on to keep him alive, my dads a veterinarian not a professional doctor. i'm sure he could use your help"

    i sent a concerned look to glenn, who shot back a quick nod. "okay, sure. i'm in"

    but before i could step inside the house, a truck engine revved, causing me to turn around seeing shane.

   he limped over to me, carrying a huge bag of supplies, handing them over. soon rick and the rest had made their way out, greeting shane.

   "otis?" hershel questioned shane, who hesitated a little, shaking his head no.

   hershel paused, looking anywhere but at us. "we say nothing to patricia. not till after, i need her."

   i nodded, following behind hershel as he led me inside.

   i mentally prepared myself as i walked to the room, taking a deep breath once i reached the door.
____________

   hershel watched as i slowly stitched carl's stomach back up, admiring my work.

   i bit my lip, cutting the last stitch, applying gauze and some wrapping around the wound.

   my body straightened, turning my gaze to hershel and patricia. "you're good for being as young as you are."

   i smiled, taking off my gloves, "thank you, i try my best" i started, walking towards the doorway, "we need to tell rick and lori he's stable"

   hershel nodded, following me out the door. once we made it outside, i gave the two a nod, smiling.

   "he seems to have stabilized." hershel informed, causing rick to bend over, taking in the news.

   lori engulfed me into a hug, holding me tighter than anyone ever had in my life. "thank you, melanie. i don't know how i could ever repay you."