And at that moment, every werewolf in the room could now identify the smell — Lynn had smelled it when she had met someone in the hospital while visiting her mother during one of her shifts, when she offered to take some pain away, the smell wouldn't dare less her nostrils the entire time.

      "He's dying," Isaac finished for everyone, helplessly pushing himself off the ground while holding onto his shoulder — otherwise, his bloody knife wound.

      "I am. I have been for a while now," Gerald continued. "Unfortunately, science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet. But the supernatural does."

      It was now Chris' turn to hiss out, however, it was a completely human growl, "You monster."

      "Not yet," corrected Gerald, another slick grin had appeared on the older man's lips as he glanced down to Derek, who was still barely off the ground yet.

      "What are you doing?"

      Lynn couldn't take another half concealed breath of air, so she started pawing at the kanima's foot that was pressed into her throat, hopefully for just the slightest bit of relief.

      "You'll kill her too?" Chris' voice cracked as he noticed the way Allison was now crying.

      "When it comes to survival, I'd kill my own son!" Bellowed Gerald, his upper lip starting to curl up with anger. "Scott."

      Scott took a second to shift back to his regular human self rather than his werewolf side, and Lynn howled out to gain the boys attention, but he only sent her a pitiful face.

      She wanted to scream out, in fear of losing her best friend and someone she cared about so deeply like Derek, in anger from betrayal — from Derek, and now Scott, and from pain, because now the pain was echoing throughout her body like she was a pincushion being repeatedly stabbed by needles.

      "Scott, don't," Derek grumble out, but Scott still wrapped his hands around the man — one around his neck, and the other was around his arm, forcing him up from the now blood stained concrete. "You know that he's gonna kill me right after, he'll be an alpha."

      That's true. But I think he already knows that, don't you, Scott?" Gerald tempted, and Lynn was now struggling even more under the kanima's body, but it was no use, she couldn't even get a single paw free. "He knows that the ultimate prize is Allison, do this small task for me, and they can be together. You are the only piece that doesn't fit, Derek. And in case you haven't learned yet, there is just no competing with young love."

      Young love.

      "I'm sorry!" Cried out Scott, digging his hand into Derek's long strands of hair so now his teeth would be exposed, and Gerald itched closer by the second. "But I have to."

      Gerald yelped out in pain as Derek bit his teeth into the bare flesh of his arm, but there was still a wide grin covering his wrinkled face.

      But the terrified onlooking crowd had then shifted their expressions — once wide eyed and concerned, they were now confused. Because unlike a normal werewolf bite, Gerald's was oozing black blood.

      Noticing the odd glances of the room, Gerald furrowed his eyebrows as he then gazed down to his arm, noticing the thick blood, "What? What is this? What did you do?"

      Gerald fell into a sudden pile of limbs as blood started dripping from his nose, even from his eyes.

      "Everyone said Gerard always had a plan," Scott explained, a little pride bubbling in his voice. "I had a plan too."