Chapter 47

Bren's POV

I wake up around three when my phone vibrating interrupts my sleep. I simply ignore it and wait for the buzzing to stop for as second before it resumes again. I have to force my heavy eyelids to open as I lazily pat around for my phone turning on my lamp. When I finally grasp it i slide to answer and press the phone up against my ear.

Before I can even say 'hello' the voice on the other end speaks first.

"I'm outside your door," the voice says.

Harry.

"What?"

"I'm standing outside your door?" he repeats.

"What do you mean?" I ask still groggy from being woken up.

"I mean I'm drunk and I'm standing outside of your door."

I quickly hop out of bed and put my gown on before walking into the living room and peeping through the front door. Sure enough Harry is pacing outside looking like a complete wreck. His hair is everywhere and he looks drained.

"I'm not letting you in," I simply say still peeking on him. He stops pacing for a second and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Bren," he says and I can practically hear the desperation in his voice.

"You can't come in."

"I could come in if I wanted to come in and we both know it," he retorts and I can tell he's getting annoyed.

I head back into my living room just in case he decides he wants to bust my door down.

"But you won't," I challenge taking my place on the couch.

"No, I won't," he assures me in a softer voice.

For a second I can't hear a sound. I can't hear him breathing or pacing outside of the door. All I can hear is nothing.

"I miss you," he says out of nowhere.

"Get away from my door," I snap.

"No."

"Harry go home."

"Why? So I can just spend the rest of the night thinking about you?" he asks. "Well I don't want to."

"Bye Harry," I reply holding my finger over the 'end' button.

"No don't hang up. Don't hang up," he begs and I take a deep breath before pressing it.

"Bren! Damn it! Let me in damn it!" I hear him yell from the other side of the door. He repeatedly bangs on it over and over again for the next few minutes before he just stops.

I peek out of the hole and see him sitting up against the wall sound asleep. My first instinct is to call Adam but I then decide to just try to get some sleep. When I climb back into my bed I can't so much as close my eyes without imagining Harry outside of my door. So close yet so far. I stare at my ceiling for the rest of the night feeling miserable for myself.

The sun begins to creep through my eyelids and my eyes flutter open as I look around my room. I sit up and rub my eyes before sitting completely still for a moment. I feel a twinge in my stomach and I make my way to the restroom before emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet. The floor is freezing cold but I still sit down just in case I need to throw up more. I haven't experienced any symptoms so far until now and I was hoping I would never get any symptoms. I guess that was too much to ask.

Once I'm sure that I'm finished vomiting I get up from the floor and flush the toilet making sure to brush my teeth. The weather outside is awful and the roll of thunder keep shaking the house. It's raining heavily outside and I see people running around in jackets and coats while carrying umbrellas. I open my fridge to find most of its contents gone besides a block of cheese and a Dr. Pepper.

Time to restock.

I pull on a nice overcoat jacket and head out thanking God when I see that Harry left. The closest grocery store to me is five blocks down from my house. If I hurry I can make it there and back in one piece.

Since the breakup with Harry and the release of the movie the media has been focusing on me. It doesn't matter where I'm going or with who; they will find me and I will be on TV the next day.

I put my hair in a ponytail before leaving the comfort of the building. When I step outside it is freezing cold and I'm nearly mobbed by the crowd of people waiting outside. Some vulgar things are yelled at me and I just try to ignore it.

Harry's fans have began to hate me even more lately so I've completely given up social media and the Internet in general. I push my way through the crowd and try my best to evade all of the people following me. When I'm ond block away I can see a group of people gathered up ahead so I cut off track and dart into a random Starbucks.

When I enter the manager comes out and tells everyone with cameras to leave while I sneak past and hide in the bathroom. After a while the volume returns to a normal coffee shop volume and I come out of the bathroom.

The coast is clear.