Eri's new home

We had all gone back to Aizawa's apartment as he was the only actually licenced hero and could take care of Eri for awhile. Me and Kotori sat on his couch while Hitoshi lay across us, his head in my lap. Eri was in Kotori's arms, snuggled against her chest in a fluffy blanket. Aizawa's cat Chester, lay on said man's lap purring. We all sat in silence, thinking about what was to happen to the little girl they had saved today.
               I refused to let her go into child services custody. I'd seen for myself how badly the children were treated when I had stopped a fourteen year old girl from setting an orphanage on fire. She had told me how awful things were. I had been furious and without thinking had made several very detailed reports about the orphanage with more than enough evidence to shut them down.
              A new orphanage was built, and now the children looked happy. Well, as happy as an unadopted orphan could get. But if Eri didn't go to an orphanage, then where the hell would she go?
              I was broken out of my thoughts when I heard an adorable yawn. I looked over to see Eri sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "Hey there Eri, welcome back." Kotori said gently. "H-hello." She answered with a slight stutter. Just then Hizashi opened the door and was about to scream, but Aizawa's capture weapon bad already wrapped around his mouth to prevent the yelling. "Shhhh. There's a kid." Aizawa said with a surprisingly low and kind voice. Most likely to not scare Eri as she was already jumpy as it was. She didn't need a human microphone to start yelling.
               "Hello Present Mic, this is Eri. Eri, this is Hizashi Yamada. He's a pro hero called Present Mic." I introduced them. When Aizawa deemed it safe to remove his scarf, Hizashi smiled widely and waved at Eri. "H-h-hello H-hizashi." Eri stuttered. I doubted she would break that habbit any time soon.
              "Well hello there Eri, how are you feeling?" Hizashi asked kindly and with a gentle smile. "I-i'm f-feeling ok." Eri stuttered less in her answer. "That's good. Hey, how bout I make all of us some hot chocolate? How does that sound?" Hizashi asked a little louder than before. "O-ok." The blonde cockatoo smiled and headed for the kitchen. I noticed that he nodded slightly in Aizawa's direction with qued the man to follow him claiming he was going to help.
             "Hey Eri, do you wanna watch some T.V?" Kotori asked quietly. "A-alright." Hitoshi grabbed the remote and turned on the T.V.
               What we saw, will never be unseen. Luckily, Kotori had managed to cover Eri's eyes before she saw what was on the screen and Toshi immediately changed it to something more family friendly that didn't include two naked men. Eri didn't need her innocence ruined anymore than it already had. "W-what happened? W- d-did you change t-the it?" Eri asked with a confused look on her face.
               "Well, what was happening was a bit, explicit for children. Let's watch some cartoons instead." Kotori tried to explain awkwardly. "What d-does explicit mean?" Well fuck. "You'll find out when your older. Much older." Hitoshi said while patting Eri's head softly.
                 "The hot chocolates ready!" Hizashi exclaimed happily while carrying a tray of steeming mugs that gave off a heavenly sent. "Great I said cheerfully while glaring harshly at the two men when Eri wasn't looking. A warning would've been nice.

                 Two hours later and we weren't any closer to finding Eri a home. We had come up with multiple plans, but none of them would end with Eri being happy. There was only one option left that I could think of, but I would need a friends help to convince them. Moreblike force them. "Wait, I might know someone who can help us. I have his number, I'll give him a call real quick." Aizawa and Hizashi nodded.
                  I got up and went over to the deck and stepped outside. Making sure no one could hear me, I typed in the number. It only rang once before he picked up. "Screech? Do you need something?" He questioned with a bit of concern. "Hey Nezu, could you come to Aizawa's apartment, we have a problem."

               I walked back inside and gave a nod to the others. I sat back down and we started talking about the cartoon that was playing. Me, Hitoshi and especially Kotori started to subtly insult Hizashi and Aizawa about what they were watching earlier.
              At exactly 3:05, there was a knock on the door. I hopped up and went to answer it. "Nezu, glad you could make it." I heard a gasp from behind along with the sound of someone choking. "I'm glad to help in any way I can Screech. Now, what seems to be the problem." I smiled evilly from behind my mask. "I need help convincing Aizawa and Hizashi to adopt little Eri here." Again with the choking.
                "Well that certainly seems to be quite the challenge. What a brilliant move bringing their boss into it." I could almost feel the two UA teachers shudder in fear. "Uhh, Screech? You know Nezu?" Hizashi asked with a hint of fear in his voice. "Hm? Oh yes, we've been friends for a bit over two months." I said nonchalantly. Hitoshi and Kotori had known of mine and the principles odd relationship, but they had never said anything about it. At least not to my face
              "W-well then, back to business. What are we going to do with Eri." Aizawa said after he got over his initial shock. "Well Screech just told you the most obvious solution to your problem, adopting her." Nezu stated cheerfully. "Well, that would be dangerous because we are pro-heros and therefore us having a kid would make them a target." Aizawa said tiredly. "Hmmm. Well with Japan's most known vigilants watching over her, I don't think it's going to be that much of a problem. Right Bullet?" I looked to Kotori for confirmation. She gave a nod before going back to rubbing soothing circles on Eri's blanket covered back.
              "Well then that's settled. Aizawa and Hizashi will adopt Eri." The two men went to object, but Nezu sent them a sinister smile that had them both shivering in fear. "Also, to be able to protect Eri to your full extent, you three should give Shota and Hizashi your real names. I already know them so I'll take my leave. Goodbye Screech, Bullet, Purple!" And with that Nezu disappeared out the door and back to wherever he came from.
              "So, are you guys actually going to tell us your real names?" Hizashi asked awkwardly after a minute of silence. I let out a sigh and have a small nod. "Nezu makes sence. If you guys know who we actually are then we can come here to babysit Eri on the days you both are on patrol duty without raising suspicion. Also, it would make you more willing to trust us." Kotori stated with her usual board tone of voice.
               "Your not gonna turn us in are ya? Cause I might cry." Hitoshi asked lazily from the floor that he had taken refuge on about thirty minutes prior. "No, we won't." Aizawa promised before looking at us expectantly. "Uhh, promise not to be mad?" Kotori asked hesitantly with made Aizawa's eyes narrow in suspicion. We all sighed and went to stand before them, leaving Eri on the couch to watch us in confusion.
                 I reached behind my mask and clicked a button next to my jaw, letting the metal fall around my neck. I then pressed the small switch by my temple that made the one-way glass over my eyes go into my hood which I then took off. Kotori and Hitoshi did the same thing. I looked into my sensei's face and on my saw shock. And then.

"YOUR OUR STUDENTS!?!?"

One of my best friends got Covid.😢