M: Stroke of Midnight

Start from the beginning

"Don't be so quick to refuse? An older voice replied, clearly trying to coax their companion. "All I said was that you were very well suited for show business. If you let me, I can introduce you to some very influential people."

One could feel the filth dripping off his words. There was an underlying layer of cajoling that made Yibai uncomfortable. Something made him think that these 'very nice people' were folks that shouldn't be met.

The other person clearly agreed.

"Do you think me naïve just because of my age?" The young person snapped back, a subtle click echoing as they stomped their foot. "Who doesn't know what kind of things goes on behind closed doors in entertainment? I'm not interested in you, entertainment, or your friends."

Yibai nodded with approval, feeling a strange sense of pride for this person. The man making the sleazy offer was clearly older and seemed to be trying to corner their junior. Most young people would feel pressured when cornered by an elder.

Yet this person showed no hesitation in refusing when it was clear that this person had ill intentions.

Yibai wanted to cheer this person on.

His admiration had distracted him for a little while, as he came back to reality when he heard a mild scuffle that ended with a loud clap. The silence that followed made Yibai think that someone had been slapped.

A thread of concern shot through his heart at the thought that the person he had exalted had been wronged. Yet, much to his satisfaction, the soft voice spoke in a clear and haughty tone that radiated pride.

"Do not try and touch me again." He ordered, his soft voice still tickling Yibai's ear like a feather. The young man snorted, his haughty tone returning. "I'm sorry but your taste is too heavy and I can't match it. A man your age, pursuing someone who hasn't even graduated middle school... Isn't this too disgusting?"

M-middle school!?

This elder- no this bastard was trying to pressure someone who might not even be as old as (YB)him?!

While Yibai wasn't the heroic type or one to get involved in other people's business, he absolutely wasn't a heartless person. How could he sit still when some junior was being harassed in a bathroom alone?

Without thought, Yibai exited the stall casually and walked over to the sink. Both men stopped to stare as he washed his hands. He only spotted a head of silver hair before he draped an arm over the young man.

"I'm hearing a lot of disgusting things." He breathed, his demeanor matching that annoying Guiren somewhat. That bravado was something he needed just then. "This might be a bathroom but please save such filth for lower class places, mister. Perhaps you should go to one of those nightclubs nearby if it's not too high brow for you."

While the hotel was on the higher end, the area was often frequented by rich second generations. They had much lower standards and sought after less approved entertainment so the nightclubs nearby weren't a place one wanted to be seen at. The diseases one could catch there were varied and might have very well been native to that venue.

"E-eh?" The older man stepped back, still surprised at the sudden appearance of another person. "Who are you?!"

Yibai was still thinking clearly enough to pull up his hoodie to cover his face. All that could be seen was his mouth and nose.

"Me? Isn't it obvious?" He pressed, pulling the silver-haired young man closer to his side, eliciting a surprised gasp from him. "How can I relax when my partner is in trouble?"

"Partner?!" The old man looked between them, trying to discern the truth. To his credit, the young man didn't fight him. If anything, he came closer, as if taking comfort in someone else's presence.