M: Stroke of Midnight

Start from the beginning

At that, Yibai couldn't help but scowl.

Here he was, in his humble hoodie and jeans, looking shabby in comparison to those with clothes that cost more than most homes. He could spot the glimmer of jewelry and watches that screamed wealth and let out a breath.

While it was annoying, he couldn't argue.

This couldn't be helped. Hualin hotel was a high-end hotel that hosted celebrities and executives on a regular basis. The least one was expected to be wearing was a nice shirt.

Yibai, on the other hand, was wearing a worn hoodie and faded jeans.

If he looked like anything, it was not someone who 'belonged' in such a place.

He sighed, wondering what he should do. He was sure his dad and his friends wouldn't like it if he was late. Worse, if he told him that he was held up at the door.

He was just considering how to sneak in when the guard's radio clicked to life.

[This is section 12. We have a situation, Over]

"What kind of situation?" The guard responded, turning away so others couldn't hear him. Yibai happened to still be close by, so he heard everything.

[Looks to be a fight. One of the guests and- O-oh shit!]

A clamor erupted from the radio, startling the guard into action. Without another look at Yibai, he called for backup and rushed away. As if an afterthought, the intimidating guard directed another colleague his way.

In that split second, he came to a decision.

He was not going to have his father tear into him for being held up. So he ran.

As expected, he was chased but to his surprise, the chase was short.

Apparently, that situation was requiring more back up and his pursuers prioritized their guests over some random teen.

Lucky him.

Still, he slipped into the first open door he spotted, which turned out to be a bathroom. Without thought, he entered one of the stalls, locking it as he leaned against the pristine walls.

His ragged breath echoed through the room, making his attempt to hide pointless. Yet what else could he do? He'd run around for a while. The fact he lost them was almost primarily because they had something else going on.

Without that distraction, he'd have been caught and arrested for sure.

Thinking about that, he wondered if it was worth it. Was his father getting mad at him worth a possible arrest?

In his mind, he could see a pair of intense gray eyes that matched his own glaring down at him, his gruff voice tearing at him for holding things up. For being so irresponsible for forgetting to bring his pass when he was usually so organized.

A tendril of fear slithered through him as he couldn't determine how his father would respond.

He came to the conclusion he'd rather suffer the assured arrest than face the uncertainty of his father's reaction.

He let out a breath, relaxing as he waited for things to die down before he went out. He still had time before the meeting started.

The door opened, bringing with it two voices.

Neither of which made him feel good.

"When will you stop following me?" A soft, clearly young voice snapped. If not for the tone, Yibai imagined it would resemble bells. "I'm not interested in anything you have to offer."