𝗏𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖽𝖺𝗒 - 𝘤𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘭𝘪𝘯

"Team Flash," Ralph announced while walking through the door of the cortex

"Team Flash," Ralph announced while walking through the door of the cortex. "Have I got a special treat in store for you tonight."

"Please, do tell," Cisco said sarcastically, swiveling his chair towards Ralph.

"Well, if you insist," Ralph set his hands on the control center and cleared his throat. "I may have talked to the bouncer of Jive."

"Wait, that new club down by the boardwalk?" Iris cut in, turning to Barry. "I've been trying to get us reservations there for weeks!"

"I heard they make a killer mai-tai." Cisco added, popping a Twizzler in his mouth.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," Ralph cast a glare at Cisco and Iris. "Jive is extremely picky about the guests they let in. It's harder to get a spot there than at that black-tie event Barry and I went to for the Sue Dearborn case."

"Still mad that you guys didn't invite me." Cisco whispered. Ralph turned to him and gave him a forceful shush.

"What I've been trying to tell all of you is that I got us five spots for tonight. This Valentine's Day just got a whole lot better!" he shook his shoulders and cocked finger guns in my direction. I gave a slight laugh.

"I haven't had a night out since Barry's birthday last month. I'm down." Cisco gave a thumbs up.

"Iris and I don't have anything going on tonight, so we're in too," Barry said. Iris gave a small whoop and the two of them high-fived.

"That just leaves one frosty duo unaccounted for," Ralph said, and the team turned to look at me.

"I'm not sure, guys," I said, twirling away a curl that had fallen in my face. "I'm really behind on some projects."

"Like what?" Cisco crossed his arms skeptically.

"Frost and I could really use some more training together and I've also got some formulas to crack." I looked away before Cisco could catch my lie. The truth was, between developing Velocity XI, training with Frost, and catching up on sleep, I hadn't done something out of my comfort zone in weeks. I just didn't feel like changing that now, and going to a new club would be a lot for my introverted brain to handle.

Come on, Caity. Let yourself live a little. This could be your best chance at finding someone new. Who knows what kind of people are going to be out tonight?

Frost was right. I needed to make myself grow. I took a deep breath and turned back to the team. "What time are we meeting?"

Ralph held up his arms in victory and Cisco gave a big smile. "That's it, Snow Patrol."

I smiled so wide I could feel my dimples deepening. This was going to be just the kind of fun night I needed. No metahumans, no Velocity XI. Just my friends and I going out for drinks at the boardwalk's newest club. What's the craziest thing that could happen?