Chapter Fourteen-Forced Engagement

"I am sorry, papa. I am so sorry."

Crying, she buried her head in the crook of Theresa's neck.

"Papa, Sheena was..."

Trying to reason with her father's stubborn glare and bark, the foul man rendered Theresa silent with a snare.

"Shut up, Theresa! She has a mouth! She can use it to speak!"

Instantly, she bowed her head, but her glare of a dark promise did not go unnoticed by Richard, as she watched in Alana's direction. The grinning girl had fallen into the graces of her utmost dislike.

Sheena appeared as if she wanted to disappear into thin air, as she felt every inch of her person gorged by their nosy audience eyes.

"Do you know what you are entitled to do?"

Shivering, as her father's voice was cascading down her body like large grains of steel and nails digging through her skin, Sheena buried her face deeper into Theresa's bosom.

"ANSWER ME, SHEENA!"

She had never felt so afraid of her father, who would practically worship the ground she walked on before.

'This is not your family.'

Hearing the words of Alana echoing in her head, Sheena bowed her head with understanding.

'I am no one to this family now. Then why are they here?'

She pondered, but her father's loud shout disrupted such thoughts.

"WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW?! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THE BABY?! LOOK AT ME, WHEN I AM SPEAKING TO YOU!"

Jumping, as tears rapidly began to fall down her cheeks, Sheena slowly gazed into her father's angry eyes.

Theresa quickly interjected, her eyes burning with unshed tears and anger.

"WHY ARE YOU TREATING HER THIS WAY, PAPA? THAT IS THE RICH GUYS FAULT! HE...!"

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH, THERESA! YOUR SISTER CAN SPEAK FOR HERSELF!"

Judy barked as she walked over to grab onto her arm. Reluctantly pulling her away from Sheena, she pulled her out of the room.

That caused Sheena's heart to break. Feeling like a child scolded for something she had not done, Sheena became depressed.

In a dark fortress of misunderstanding, everyone had turned against her. Biting her shaking lips due to nervousness, she stuttered.

"I-I will k-keep t-the b-baby, pa-papa."

Scoffing, her father slightly glimpsed in Rafale's direction before returning his eyes to her person.

"Was he the one who impregnated you?"

Rapidly nodding, Sheena hid her face behind her long hair.

"Did he discuss the proper protocol to rectify this issue?"

Taken-aback for the 'proper protocol' her father spoke of was marriage, Sheena bristled.

'No.'

"What proper protocol is he talking about?"

Leaning his ears to whisper in Dustin's ears, Rafale's heart began to race in his chest when he had observed his father nodding at the girl's father. It appeared they had agreed on some twisted matter.

"I do not know, Ralf, but whatever it is, the young lady's father looks serious about it."

Gritting his teeth tightly in his mouth, Rafale growled.