“Yeah,” I say snapping out of my daze.

“Are you ready?” He repeats.

“Yeah,” I blush because I’m embarrassed that he caught me looking at him.

         He takes me down a set of stairs and around corner after corner. He opens the door for me and I immediately smell the chlorine radiating off the pool. Since Sam didn’t bring a towel, he sprints right to the edge of the pool and flips in. When he surfaces, he flips his hair so it’s out of his face. Ugh he’s so hot! “You coming?” He asks.

“Meh, I don’t know anymore.”

“Why not?” He asks kindly. The truth is I don’t want to take my towel off because I don’t want him to see my boobs. It’s much different at night than it is in the daytime because he can’t really see me when it’s nighttime. “I don’t know,” I say and I feel my cheeks get red.

“I know you know,” he says as he gets out of the pool and walks over to where I’m sitting. He sits beside me on the lounge and puts his arm around me. “I feel self conscious about…” I don’t really want to finish that sentence so I just let go of the towel and close my eyes as I feel my chest being exposed. “You look amazing.”

“I look like a whore.”

“A whore wouldn’t be wearing a bikini. They wouldn’t be wearing anything.”

“Well since the towel’s already off, I suppose I should get in now.” I pull my hair elastic out and shake my hair free. I walk towards the pool. Sam runs up behind me and picks me up then jumps in the pool with me in his arms. When we surface, I am still in his arms and I look into his eyes for a while before he kisses my forehead.

Sam’s Point of View

         I watch Chlo swim around the pool like a fish. Her long blonde hair and long, slim body and the fact that she’s an amazing swimmer remind me of a mermaid. She’s so sexy. Wow, I never thought I’d use that word, but it’s true; she truly is sexy. “Penny for your thoughts,” she says from behind me. I turn around to see her standing right a foot away from me. “I wasn’t thinking about anything,” I respond.

“Mmhmm sure you weren’t,” she says jokingly with a bit of sass. She sits down beside me.

“Okay, okay. I was thinking about you,” I say as I tuck her hair behind her ear.

“Awe.” She blushes and looks at the ground with a small smile. She’s gorgeous; I’m a lucky guy. As she looks up again, she bites her lip. That just does it for me. I put my hand in her wet hair and pull her close to me. When my lips meet hers, at first I taste chlorine from the pool then soon after I taste her. Her lips are sweet. Almost like strawberry ice cream.

Chloe’s Point of View

         Sam randomly asks to arm wrestle with me. “I don’t want to.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t want you to be embarrassed that you’re weaker than you girlfriend,” I smirk.

“Oh, it’s on.” We both lie on our stomachs with our elbows on the pool deck. “One… Two...” He leans close to me, as if he’s going to kiss me. I start to lean forward to meet his lips. At that moment, he pushes my arm and it hits the deck. “I won!”

“You’re an asshole.”

“I won. I won. I won.” I laugh and lean forward to kiss him and he does the same. Just as our lips are about to touch, I push him into the pool. “I can’t believe you fell for that! Oh my god! I just got a taste of your own medicine!” I laugh. I stop when I realized he hasn’t surfaced. My heartbeat quickens as I start to panic. I take a deep breath and jump into the pool after him. I see him lying face down at the bottom. I swim to him and bring him up with me and carry him to the edge, like I was taught during my Bronze Medallion. I lift him onto the deck and kneel overtop of him. He’s not breathing. I’m so scared that I start to cry. I slap his cheek lightly to see if he regains consciousness. He doesn’t. I lean down to him and do the only thing I could do: mouth-to-mouth. After I press my lips on his, I feel something in my hair and see that it’s his hand. I sit up and his eyes open. He’s laughing. I hit him hard in the chest because I’m so mad at him. “Oh my god,” I say as I roll onto my back with my hands covering my face. “I thought you were dead! You scared the living hell out of me.” He pulls my hands away from my face and I look at him. “Are you crying?” He asks. “Oh, Chlo, I’m so sorry. It was just a joke.” He leans down and hugs me. I wrap my arms around his back and he carries me over to a lounge chair and sits me on top of him sideways. “Sam, don’t you ever do that again.” He stays silent. “I mean it. It scared me too much. I don’t want to lose you.” I pause. “I can’t lose you.” He hugs me tight.

“Don’t worry, Chlo. I’ll never leave you.”

“Never is an awfully long time.”

“I know.” He smiles.