Chapter 11

Once we get out of the tub, we get fully dressed and go into the hallway to find another bedroom that doesn’t give us any memories of Nathan. A few doors were locked and another held a snoring person; we don’t have anywhere to sleep “Where do you want to go?”

“I don’t know. You know the house, I don’t.”

“Well, there’s the bench in the greenhouse but it’s not that comfortable and it’s probably too small for you because you’re so tall.”

“I think we can do a bit better than a bench,” I say with a smile. “We could sleep on the living room couch?”

“We could, but when your sister and the others come down in the morning they’ll see us together.”

“Let ‘em,” I say with a shy smile.

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.” We start walking to the living room.

“You’ll really sleep with me even though we’ll get caught?”

“If you’re so worried, you take the couch. I prefer the floor anyways.”

“You’re the guest so you take the couch.”

“Doesn’t the guest get to decide where they sleep?” I say with a teasing smile.

“Yeah the guest does. But you’re not a guest.”

“Huh?”

“My grandparents, my mom, and Curt all consider you apart of the family.” We’re now in the living room sitting on the ground leaning against the couch sitting on the ground.

“Do you?”

“Yeah, but in a different way.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Could I do this to a cousin?”

“Do wha-” He kisses me quickly and softly. After a few seconds he pulls away. I keep my eyes closed, as I say, “No, you definitely can’t.” I sense Sam get up and open my eyes. “I’ll be right back.”

“Where are you going?” I ask.

“Just wait here.” He comes back about ten minutes later with clothes, blankets, movies and a computer. “Do you need any help with that?”

“No I think I got it,” he says having trouble getting through the narrow door.

“Seriously dude, you need help.”

“Nah, I got it.” He drops the computer on the ground with a loud bang.

“You obviously don’t got it,” I say laughing.

“Whoops.” His cheeks turn red.

“Here let me help.” I grab the clothes from his hands and place them on the ground.

“Thanks,” he says embarrassed.

“You won’t be less of a guy if you ask for help, you know.” He smiles and I smile back. He turns around so his back is to me and he starts to unbutton his pants. “What are you doing?”

“Getting changed. What did you think I was doing?”

“I thought you were just randomly stripping to be honest.” Sam laughs.

“Are you going to strip with me?”

“I’d be honored,” I say with a small bow. Sam just smiles as he pulls his pants down. I start to strip like he does. We’ve been almost naked together a lot over the past two days and I’m starting to get more comfortable with it now though not completely. “I know that last time we met I was acting really badly. I really appreciate how you gave me a second chance.”