Chapter 21

*5 months later*

Hailey's POV
I'm now 3 days past my due date. I am so thankful that I didn't miscarry. I am so uncomfortable. I wish this baby would come already. It was lunchtime. Riley and I were watching tv. Adam was in our bedroom doing something. My stomach started to hurt. I get a gush of liquid in between my legs.

"Oh god." I said.

"What is it?" Riley asked.

"Get your dad, I'm in labour." I said. A contraction hit and it hurt like hell. She put her hand in mine.

"Squeeze my hand." She said and I smiled.

"DAD!!" Riley shouted. He came rushing out of the bedroom.

"I'm in labour." I said. Riley got the hospital bag and Adam helped me into the car. He drove to med and we met Dr Montgomery. She got us into a room and helped me onto the bed. I changed into a gown and they attached wires and stuff to me. I was sat in bed and a contraction hit. It hurt so bad. I started crying.

"Come here hails." Adam said. He sat on the edge of the bed and pulled me closer to him.

"It hurts." I cried.

"I know darling, just breathe." He said.

"You're lucky I'm not one of those women who wants to threaten the father because of the pain." I said and he chuckled slightly. Adam went to the bathroom and I was talking with Riley.

"Have you got any name ideas?" I asked her.

"How about Olivia?" She suggested.

"I love it, I wonder what your dad thinks." I said. She was sat on her phone.

"I have a question for you." I said to her. She looked up from her phone.

"What is it?" She asked.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I wanted to know if you would like to be in here when she's born." I said.

"Of course I want to." She said and I smiled. Adam came out of the bathroom.

"Hey, I've got a name suggestion. Olivia." I said and he smiled.

"I love it." He said. He came and sat down on the chair next to me.

"Are you getting an epidural?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded.

"Get me my ball." I said and he looked at me confused.

"My peanut ball." I said and he nodded. He got me my ball. I lifted one of my legs and put over the ball, whilst the other leg was underneath it.

"I still don't get what that does." He said and I chuckled.

"It helps open my cervix, and it's comfortable." I said and he nodded. Dr Montgomery came in.

"Hey guys, how is the pain?" She asked.

"Like I got shot 33 times, then I was thrown from a 76 story building." I said and she chuckled. She gave me gas. I breathed it in and it helped slightly.

"I need to check how dilated you are." She said and I nodded. She put my legs in a butterfly position and checked my cervix.

"Wow!" She said and I looked at her concerned.

"What is it?" I asked worriedly.

"Oh, it's nothing bad. You're at 10cm. I'm going to get everything set up, then I'll need you to start pushing." She said and I nodded. She set everything up. I tied my hair up in a bun. Dr Montgomery sat on a stool at the end of my bed. Adam and Riley both held my hands.

"Alright hailey, I need you to push." Dr Montgomery said. I pushed and it hurt a lot. It was the worst pain I have ever been in. I pushed for a while.

"Okay, I need you to give me a big push alright." She said. Adam kissed my head. I pushed hard and the room was filled with a crying sound. Adam cut the umbilical cord. Dr Montgomery passed me the baby and I rested her against me. I couldn't help but cry. A nurse cleaned my daughter up and put her back in my arms. I looked at Adam and tears were collecting in his eyes. I glanced over at Riley and she was smiling.

"Olivia Ruzek." I said playing with her tiny fingers. I passed her to Adam and he started crying. Riley held her next and I've never seen her smile so much. Riley was talking to her.

"I'm going to help you and give you dating advice. I'll help you sneak in and out of the house when you go to a party. When you're a teenager, I'll be old enough to have alcohol, so I'll buy you it whenever you want, and I won't tell dad." She whispered and I chuckled.

"I heard that." Adam said and she smiled at him. I reached my arms out, indicating for Riley to pass me Olivia.

"I need to feed her." I said and she nodded. I untied the top of my hospital gown and moved Olivia down to my breast. She latched on immediately and it felt amazing. It felt strange at first, but I got used to it. I'm so happy that I didn't miscarry. I couldn't be happier. I have my fiancé, my stepdaughter, and my rainbow baby.

THE END
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N - I have decided to end this story, simply because I have no more ideas. I am super appreciative of everyone who has voted.