Chapter 16

Adam's POV
It has been 2 days since hailey had her miscarriage. She has been doing okay. She has been really quiet. I have been trying to talk to her, but she doesn't speak. I woke up and rolled over to see hailey still asleep. I moved the blonde hair out of her face and ran my finger along her cheek. Her eyes fluttered open and I smiled at her.

"Good morning darling." I said.

"Morning." She replied quietly. She looked down.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She looked up at me sadly.

"Can you hold me?" She asked quietly.

"You don't even have to ask. Come here darling." I said opening my arms. She moved closer to me and rested against me. I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm sorry I lost the baby." She muttered.

"Oh hails, you don't have to apologise for anything. It wasn't your fault." I said.

"But—" She started before I cut her off.

"No buts hails. It is not your fault. I don't blame you. No one is to blame. Please stop blaming yourself darling." I said. She looked up at me and placed a kiss onto my lips.

"I love you. Thank you for not being mad at me." She said.

"I could never be mad at you hails." I said and she smiled slightly. We went to go get breakfast. Riley came downstairs and she looked tired.

"Did you sleep at all last night?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused.

"You look tired." I said.

"I was up late messaging Alex." She said and I raised my eyebrow.

"We are still just friends, the same as when you asked me 2 days ago." She said and I smiled. She sat down at the table and we ate breakfast.

"Dad, can I go to the movies with Alex and Sierra?" Riley asked.

"Yeah, just make sure your phone is charged and call me if you need anything." I said and she nodded. Riley went to her room. Hailey went to wash dishes when I stepped in front of her.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Leave the dishes." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because we are going to relax. You are going to go change into some comfy pyjamas and we are going to cuddle on the couch all day." I said and she smiled. She kissed me and went into our bedroom. I sat on the couch looking for a movie to watch. Riley came out of her room. I looked at her face and noticed she was wearing makeup. She never usually wears it.

"Are you wearing makeup?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah." She answered.

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm 13 dad." She said.

"Why are you wearing makeup?" I asked.

"Because I want to look pretty." She said.

"You look beautiful without makeup." I said.

"No I don't. You have to say that because you're my dad. I don't look beautiful." She said looking down. I went over to her and put my hands on her shoulders.