It was now evening, shortly after dinner, and I waved to Emma left to go take a shower. As I watched her run, she tripped over her feet in her rush and almost face-planted. "Don't die!!" I called after through my laughter with a wave. Emma stuck her tongue out before dashing off with a grin.

I watched her disappear down the hallway for a minute before a voice speaking behind me made my blood run cold. "Good to see you're back to normal." They paused for a moment before adding, "On the outside, at least."

"What do you want?" I spat at Ray, turning to face him with my hands stuffed in my pockets.

The ravenhead paused for a moment, eyes flicking to the side before speaking. "I think we need to talk..."

I rolled my eyes. "Ya think?" I scoffed. "After all this time, too?" My hands clenched self-consciously as I brushed past him, the anger I'd been holding back boiling in the pits of my stomach.

"Wait, Y/N." Ray sighed, grabbing me by the shoulder.

I froze as his hand made contact. "You best let go before I do something I'd like to say I'd regret. Although punching you in the face seems f*cking therapeutic at the moment."

"No need." Ray continued with a dry humour in his voice. "Several people have already taken care of that for you." His hand brushed against his cheek in acknowledgement of his bruise once he released his hand from my shoulder. "And... I'm sorry for avoiding you, but will you at least hear me out?"

I stared down the hallway as he spoke, my hands ice cold as they rested in my pockets. Was I angry? Or scared? Perhaps some combination of both... "Please?" Ray added hopefully. Whether it was simply out of spite or just a hunch, I agreed to listen with a sigh.

-----

"Was coming to the library really necessary?" I asked as the ravenhead closed the door to the large, dusty but well-kept room.

He hummed, turning away from the door to face me. "I thought privacy would be appreciated?" He raised his eyebrow with a shrug.

Something about his tone of voice bothered me."Don't mock me, *sshole."

Ray sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "Are you going to keep cussing me out or are you going to listen?"

"Both." I raised an eyebrow, as if baiting him to challenge me.

"...fair enough..."The ravenhead muttered. What was that in his voice? Guilt? Worry? Remorse? I scowled. If he was going to feel guilty, he shouldn't of made an idiot move like that in the first place.

"So? What did you want to talk about?" I asked, taking a seat at the couch, my hands stuffed into my pockets, a rightfully hostile expression on my face.

"Well..." Ray began awkwardly. "I thought you'd maybe deserve to know why I..."

"Went behind my back, drugged me, put Emma in an awful situation, and then avoided me for days?" I laughed in spite as I finished counting his misdeeds out on my fingers. "That's the bare minimum, I suppose."

"...you're going to make this as difficult as possible, aren't you?" The teen sighed.

"Of course!" I smiled despite not feeling any real amusement.

"Wonderful." Ray muttered. "Before I begin, is there anything you'd like to say?"

I hummed, tapping my chin as if in thought. "Oh, you mean like call you an *sshole again? Yes, actually. You're an *sshole. And a dirty, lying piece of shit."

I willed myself not to cry angry tears as I stood up from my spot. "Do you want to hear stuff like 'how dare you?' or 'how could you?'" Despite my best efforts, my eyes began to water as my voice increased in volume. "Or 'I trusted you?'" Ray swallowed and looked to the ground. "Maybe even something like 'I thought you-'"