09 | Just try to Skateboard

[A/N This scene is set the weekend before 'I got the music']

"Oh hey, Reg! What are you doing here?" I smile, as Reggie walks over to where I was sitting behind the HOLLYWOOD sign.

"Julie and Luke are writing together... and you know how Luke is when he writes, having two of them is just painful!" Reggie groans, throwing himself onto the ground next to me.

"Ah, I can see why you had to leave" I laugh, throwing my arm around Reggie, who had his red flannel thrown over his white shirt.

"Hey Reg, have you ever tried skateboarding? I ask with a grin, grabbing his hand and poofing us away

•••

"Lexi, I uh- don't think this is the best idea," Reggie says uneasily as I flick my board up into my hands and walk over to him. "If I fall off the skateboard, won't people be able to see it?"

"I have no idea, so that is why we are in an empty parking lot!" I say with a grin, dropping the board onto the floor. Reggie lifts up one foot and places it gingerly onto the skateboard, grabbing my hands. Suddenly the board goes flying out from underneath him, and I get pulled down on top of him when he doesn't let go of my hands. My cheeks go red, and I quickly jump up off his chest.

"You really fell for me then, didn't you Mercer" He winks and hauls himself up off the floor

"You know it" I laugh awkwardly, trying not to let my cheeks go red again,

"I can see you blushing" Reggie smirks,

"Shut up Peters," I mumble, turning away. Before I can take a step, I feel Reggie grab my shoulder, spinning me around to face him, my face inches from his. A shiver runs down my spine, as I feel his warm breath on my cheeks. My eyes search his face for any trace of reluctance, finding myself counting the faded freckles on his nose.

"yes?" he whispers. I just nod, and lean in, our lips meeting. I feel his hand on my cheek my veins feel like they have fire was running through them. I smile into the kiss, as Reggie finally breaks away, looking me up and down. I bite my lips for a second, terrified I just ruined Our perfect friendship. What if he didn't really want it? What if it was an in the moment thing? What if I didn't meet his 'expectations'

"Lex" He breathes out, interrupting my intrusives thoughts, "Lex, that was... that was amazing". I open my mouth to reply but find no words to say, so I once again lean in.

"Let's not tell the others... just not yet" I mumble, our foreheads resting against each other.

•••

"We're playing at a school dance? Sweet" Reggie exclaims, glancing at a poster Julie had handed to him,

"It's not exactly the strip," Luke says dejectedly

"And you're not exactly alive, so maybe you should e happy we have our first gig" I reply, swinging my arm around Reggie's shoulders, ignoring the way if made my stomach flutter.

"I wasn't in love with the idea at first either," Julie says from behind the piano where she was watering the green ferns and plants, "but, it could be a great way for us to build a following right?"

"Yeah, yeah, we need to play wherever we can, whenever we can!" Reggie grins, wrapping his arm around my waist, making my eyes momentarily widen.

"No, you're right... Let's rock those kids' face's off and then play the clubs" Luke says with a firm nod, completely oblivious to me and Reggie.

"And then record an album that gets a billion streams?" Julie asks moving over to the piano to face us,

"I don't know what that means but I heard a billion, which is a lot of people!" I say