That was the final straw for Taiya, she saw red and turned back to her mother. "Why mom!" Taiya yelled. "You've hated him ever since he won his games. It's not his fault he won and your sister didn't."

"Alright," Caspian said running into the entrance of the home. "Everyone cool down."

"No dad. Finnick's a great guy, he's sweet and he's caring, and just because he did what he had to in order to survive mom hates him! It's not his fault Tayla died."

"Go to your room," Azalea whispered, her eyes filling with tears. She got upset whenever she heard her sisters name.

"Happily," Taiya snapped and stomped her way upstairs to her room.

*********************

"Can you believe she said that to me?" Taiya asked Theo the next day as they walked through the town. "I mean ever since Finnick's got back she's hated him just because he won his games. It's so unfair. She's hardly been a good mother so it's not like she should get any say in who I hang out with. Dad likes him and that's all that matters."

"Maybe you were a bit harsh bringing up your aunt though," Theo said trying to calm her down. "You know how funny your mom gets about the Hunger Games."

"Ok, fine, maybe I shouldn't have said Tayla's name, but I've been pretty tolerant of mom's moods for years. It's time I stand up for myself."

"I agree, but you need to work on standing up for yourself without losing your head. Start screaming at her and you lose a lot of credibility," he smiled as he threw his arm around her and kissed her head.

"I know you're right," Taiya sighed as she wrapped her arm around him. "I hate that you're always right. I just want to be able to say I told you so once," she smiled up at him.

"Hey if I was wrong I'd lose my charm, you'd have no need to keep me around," he said with a smirk, making her laugh. "Alright," he said pulling away. "What are you getting for Finnick?" he asked as he played with a sea glass necklace.

"This is nice," Taiya said as she looked at a necklace. It was an open spiral shell attached to a long piece of twine.

"You  think that will fit over his big head?" Theo asked and Taiya rolled her  eyes at him

"You think that will fit over his big head?" Theo asked and Taiya rolled her eyes at him. "I'm joking," Theo laughed, throwing his hands up. "He'll like it, I reckon you should get it."

Taiya nodded and she paid for the necklace before setting back off with Theo. "I swear if he ties knots in this like he does to the piece of rope I gave him I'll kill him."

"He still has that does he?"

"Well I've tried to give him a new one but he won't take it. Says he likes the first one more. It's gross it's all worn out and frayed."

"He probably likes it because it's been in your hair Tay."

"Aren't you hysterical," Taiya laughed.

"I wasn't joking," he grumbled quietly. "Want to come over for dinner? We're having that fish pasta you love."