9. Paimon's tragedy

Start from the beginning

As expected, Tsaritsa created an ice shield to protect her fleet. Despite the flaming arrow hitting the ice, it doesn't melt. As expected of the power of an archon.

Kimaris expected this outcome though. With a resounding voice;

"Fire!"

He ordered the archers to shoot towards the army.

Their guard was down after watching the previous rain, and this results in many of their men being wiped out. Half of them, probably.

"Wha- you little.."

Tsaritsa seemed pissed. Seeing this, Kimaris can't help but feel that he achieved an almost impossible feet, and he felt somewhat satisfied.

"C'mon. Stop playing around and get serious or I'll kill every single human here."

"I see. It seems that I have underestimated you. It's a shame, but I guess I have to deal with this myself."

She advanced forward, frost path were created seemingly at each and every step she took. The ice spikes were scattered around her.

The elves were intimidated at the sight of her, but they knew they had to fight the obstacle in front of them. Otherwise, who knows what'd happen in this island. Kimaris, looking grim, stood tall and pointed his spear towards her.

"Everyone, this is my fight. Stay out of this. My 'order'."

She smirked. It seems that this would be an interesting duel, she thought.

"Hoho, then come at me. With all your might!"

He dashed towards her. The ice spikes were suddenly shot towards him.

He defended himself and slashed the incoming spikes. The spikes kept coming towards him and he couldn't advance as the pressure was too much.

"How is it? How does it feel like being corne-"

Suddenly, the spear that he held just now were thrown towards her. It managed to scrape her face since she didn't expect him to throw his weapon that he's using to defend himself from the spears.

Fragments of the shattered ice were everywhere, making it hard to see anything. She created an ice shield just in case he tried to attack her.

Her judgement was right;

Or it was supposed to.

An arrow did indeed were shot towards her. However, the arrow somehow managed to burst through the sturdy ice. She was shocked, but kept a calm face. She dodged the arrow successfully. At first glance, it may seem like an ordinary arrow, but she knew something was off. The velocity of the arrow was nothing to scoff at. She could even see the arrow going in a straight line towards the sea beyond the horizon. Plus, the fact that her specially sturdy ice were effortlessly shattered.

After the fragments were cleared, Kimaris, with a red wood bow, revealed himself.

"Fufu, it seems that a certain someone is also holding back. I never expected an archer is fighting at the frontliene of the battlefield."

"As a general, I had to use melee weapon. Nothing much to it."

"Nothing much to it, eh? It seems that you do intend to make me go all out. I can sense that you are 'special' among this little bunch. Why not come with me? With that power, you may potentially rival an archon in terms of power!"

"Unfortunately, I'm not interested in doing something like that."

"What a shame. Then, I'll take your body myself!"