Chapter Thirteen - Catch a Flight

Beginne am Anfang

"How about our other recruit?"

Clint smirked, turning towards the van.

"He's rarin' to go. Had to put a little coffee in him-" He slid the door open with a clang. The man inside the van sat up abruptly, blinking sleep out of his eyes. "But he should be good."

"What time zone is this?" The man muttered, hopping out of the van. August and Bucky shared a look.

The man shook Steve's hand, seemingly awe-struck.

"Captain...Captain America."

"Mr. Lang," Steve greeted politely, still shaking his hand.

"Scott, please. It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long," Scott let go of Steve's hand, stepping back and taking a look at the group. "Wow! This is awesome! Captain America...I know all of you guys, you're great. Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so...thinks for thanking of me."

Steve smiled politely. August leaned back on the car.

The wind gently lashed her ankle. She frowned.

"What is it?" She murmured. Bucky gave her a strange look.

"Huh?"

"Not you," She shook her head at him. The men were still talking up front as the wind lashed her leg again. She looked over to Bucky. "The air's changed. Something's up."

Bucky turned to the group.

"We should get moving." He called.

"Got a chopper lined up," Clint straightened. Overhead, a German voice came on over the PA, alarms beginning to blare.

"They're evacuating the airport." Bucky moved towards the group, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Stark." Sam shook his head.

"Stark?" Scott asked.

Steve looked around at the group. He nodded.

"Suit up."

They changed quickly, Wanda and August taking turns stripping down in the van. August wiggled into the white spandex suit, fixing the collar around the base of her throat. Although she was fully covered from the neck-down, she suit allowed her hands and feet to feel completely bare, so that there was nothing between her and the elements. As she stepped out of the van, she tied her curls down into a low bun.

Bucky was staring at her bemusedly. She cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Apologies, Ms. Haze," He breathed, "Just been a long time since I saw that suit."

She went to answer, but Steve took off running. She frowned, looking to Bucky.

"I'm new to this whole good-guy thing. Do we run after him, or..."

"Hey, don't look at me."

Sam, August, and Bucky made their way up to the top lobby for an eagle-eyed view while Wanda and Clint snaked around to the opposite side. The three of them settled at the window, crouching down.

"You have an eye on the Quinjet yet?" August whispered to Sam. He slowly nodded, touching his earpiece.

"We found it. North runway, hangar five."

On the ground, Steve held up his hands. An arrow pierced the webbing that bound him, setting him loose.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road." August stood up. The three of them took off down the terminal.