Chapter 61: Passing by Selling Meng

The cubs prepared their props with great care – they decorated them with phosphorus powder from Rhein's wings, mixing it with glue and then pouring it over the spines provided by Gian so that the pretty little spines would shine at night.

These little dragon cubs didn't have any craft materials like phosphorus glitter, so they had to make do with what they had.

And since Yan Tan was leaving in two days, they'll have to step it up to make it, for which Rhein even made up with the amount of exercise he would probably do in a year.

The little golden cub was lying on the bed and chewing on the cake, looking exhausted.

Xing Fei fed Rhein water.

"You've worked hard, you don't even have any phosphorus powder left for the plants today."

Rhein sighed heavily.

After several of the little dragon cubs agreed, Shen Mian also read the script, which was said to be a heroic rescue, but the script was actually completely different from the traditional rescue-

Lansin's birthday was coming up and Rhein was worried about what gift to give him. The little dragon cub had saved up a few star coins, but the nice birthday gift from the boutique was too expensive for a cub with only pocket money. So Rhein wanted to learn how to paint a portrait of Lansin, which was already done, but he couldn't match the colours at all.

Rhein rolled over lazily.

"Lu Yuan says that I just need to sit in front of the drawing paper and not move. When the time comes, I'll act aggrieved, anxious and it's best to also cry. That way he'll know."

Lu Yuan patted his little belly.

"And we'll do the rest!"

Gian felt under his pillow and pulled out a book titled, "How to Build Your Child's Self-Confidence".

"We're following this book's guide, so there shouldn't be any problems."

Shen Mian, "?"

Dean Shen was a little confused- what was his family's Gian reading every day?

It was part of a book series called "The Growth History of Parenting", which he had ordered from the internet to learn how to take care of a dragon cub's mental health. When he finished reading it, he realised that it was all chicken soup brewed1 from the humans, so he put it aside and didn't read it much. The last time he sorted the books, they should have been in the library, but Gian must have taken them out.

Xing Fei, "We found a whole set of this type of book and plan to get another one when we're done with this."

Shen Mian, "..."

The family's little dragon cubs are too talented. Originally, Shen Mian was going to borrow a crystal spine from Gian, but now it seems that he may not be needed to comfort Yan Tan and that the dragon cubs had a better way. Shen Mian returned the script to Xing Fei.

"Then...alright, I won't disturb you any further."

Shen Mian thought for a bit and crouched down to be level with his dragon cubs, finding praise from his not-so-rich vocabulary.

"Thank you for being so gentle. I'm very honoured."

Xing Fei's eyes curved.

"We just want to be more like the Dean."

......

The little dragon cubs were extremely mobile and with the help of Shen Mian, they finished making the small props in half an hour.