The Wedding Planners

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Björn smiled awkwardly. "It's under our names."

"Got it," the woman said. "This way." Björn questioned Agnetha with a look and she shrugged behind the woman.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "Björn, I panicked a little."

"Yeah," he laughed to himself. "Just a little." He put his hand on her back and led her into the room.

They had been provided with many Swedish favorites and tasted all sorts of foods. They had choices to make for the appetizers, the entrees, sides and desserts. They were not picky eaters, but did have certain things which were more favored by them. Agnetha imagined Italian, Björn loved French, but above it all, they knew everyone enjoyed Swedish. It was most normal for them. Björn had more opinions than Agnetha, and she agreed that chicken or salmon would be a good choice for an entree. They'd have an additional vegetarian option for people to choose when they RSVP and that was enough to decide from.

Deserts had been presented and they made a selection for what types of sweets to be spread on the long table. They chose for fruits, naturally, cake bites, cookies, and puddings. The cake had come and they decided on the style. They weren't in search of something complicated, but of course tall and white, and the filling was without much thought. Vanilla.

"Do you have ice cream?" Agnetha asked.

"Ice cream?" The woman looked up to the man behind them who helped bring things out.

"Yes," Agnetha answered her.

"The bride is really fond of ice cream," Björn explained.

"A soft serve machine would be fantastic," Agnetha commented excitedly. Björn let out a pitched laugh at her. How did he not predict it?

"I apologize, we don't have a soft serve machine. We can provide small bowls of ice cream in scoops, many flavors."

"No," Agnetha sighed. "It's not ideal. It could melt before people have the chance to eat it. But we have to have ice cream." She turned to Björn before clearing her throat and sitting up straighter. "I mean, they... um, the bride and groom, really insist on ice cream."

"Well, we do have a company we know with an ice cream truck. It's not a machine, but if you would like something like this... we can make it possible," the woman said to gain their interest again. "It's like a food truck, but ice cream."

"An entire ice cream truck?" Agnetha's eyes lit up and she turned to Björn. "We can't say no." His eyes saw hers, as if she was pleading with him to say yes. He faced the woman again and he gave a little smile.

The catering service had taken note of what had been most enjoyed on their menu, with an important note on the ice cream truck. They were indeed the only catering company Björn and Agnetha looked into, and knew from reviews and past catering experience that this was the service they would choose from anyway. Now that they knew there was a truck reserved only for ice cream, there was no other catering they cared to inquire about.

"That's settled," Agnetha smiled happily as she got out of the red car when they arrived home. She found another car beside where they parked and knew Lolo had come though she didn't expect her.

"You are just happy for the truck."

"An all-you-can-eat ice cream truck... Well, yes," she smiled. "Shouldn't I be excited?"

"Of course."

She put her arms around his shoulders. "More than that I am happy I am marrying you again." His arms pulled against her hips and he raised his brow.