The Wedding Planners

Start from the beginning

"Oh, there goes all of my hard work," Agnetha mumbled.

"You'll only eat bites not the whole thing," Linda said. "Take me with you guys. I will gladly help choose."

"No," answered her mother. "Do you think I should dress shop now?" Agnetha asked.

"Of course... Why are you asking me? If not now then when? You need time to make your selection, have it ordered and altered!" She saw her parents look down at her. "What color did you decide the theme of your wedding to be?"

"Gold."

"Champagne," Agnetha corrected.

"Perfect. I will find someone who does centerpieces and decor." She turned to see her father. "You start looking for a suit." Björn looked at his daughter then to Agnetha.

"I will start by seeing what Jens is doing."

"Please kick him off the TV."

"Will do," Björn responded.

He left the two, one laying on her back and her mother on her side and elbow. The wedding talk would take another hour he knew and he was curious what held his son-in-law up.

It was not far from prediction. A half an hour had passed, and the two ladies finally closed the conversation once they realized that Björn had never come back. Agnetha rolled her eyes, already knowing that the place she'd find him was in the office. She never could understand how it happens that he gets lost in his work all the time, and forgets that perhaps it is at this point he should close it down for the night. Agnetha and Linda both stood together at the tip of the purple velvet couches and stared at their men in disbelief. Björn had a joystick in his hand like Jens and was completely indulged in the game. It was a soccer match and Björn had only just then learned how to play, surprisingly to him and Jens, not awful for a man who's never played.

"Is this your way of getting him to end the game?" Agnetha asked Björn.

"Yes!" Björn exclaimed and sat up straighter once he had scored a goal. The sound of defeat was laughed at by the man next to him.

"Yes?" she asked and grabbed a cushion from the couch. "Come on. Enough. You left and never returned." Agnetha tossed it at him.

"Wait. Baby, it needs five minutes and the match is over." Agnetha watched Bella pass her by and smiled. She picked up the dog and brought her behind the couch and beside Björn's face and waited for her to begin licking and annoying him. It had not been as successful a method as she thought, but by the time she had gotten to the bedroom herself the match had ended and Björn had followed.

The next morning was dawned to be a promising one. Agnetha's belly rumbled already and it was ridiculous, she thought, because she got away with eating a quick bite before bed. Yes she had snuck it from Björn, or at least she thought he never knew. He did not mention it and chuckled about it to himself.

The two had driven twenty minutes to their destination, their identities mostly shielded as they entered the building. They were still not open as they wanted to be, but they managed it. They were greeted by the receptionist who immediately recognized them and had them check-in.

"Food tasting for a wedding?" she repeated and paused before adding more curiously. "Yours?"

"Well, if we have to be honest this has to be completely confidential," Björn began. The young blonde woman nodded, eyes never moving from them and Agnetha had a look going back and forth between Björn and the receptionist. "We're actually—"

"Stepping in for our friends," Agnetha finished. Björn turned to see her and she pursed her lips awkwardly and nodded. "Yeah... see they could not come..." She turned to Björn as if she hadn't spent the past year and more living with him, being in love with him, and as if they didn't share the same bed every night. Her hand patted his shoulder. "We are the best man and um, maid of honor... bride and groom had us come instead. They're busy."