Getting Started.

Soon, Melissa had gotten used to everyone. It only took a few days to get ready and set, so she got everything right. Her papers said that she'd be working with Mei Hatsume, a girl from the Support Course, 1-H. From the looks of it, she seemed to be bold, and maybe optimistic?  

Melissa walked along the halls, looking for the support department. She was about to turn the corner when she bumbed into a rather fit chest. She fell back, letting out a yelp. Luckily, the other person caught her before she can hit the floor. She looked up to see 3 kids around her age. 

"Whoops, sorry there!" The blond apologized, steadying Melissa. 

"Oh, no it's fine! I should've been looking where I was going." Melissa said, straightening her skirt. 

"Hm, I haven't seen you around before, you new?" He asked, tapping his chin.

"Not really, I'm here to help with hero costume upgrades for 1-A," Melissa informed. The other kids behind perked up, specifically the girl with pretty blue hair. 

"Oh cool! So you're here to help them only or the whole hero course?" The girl asked, quickly jumping up to meet her, the girl's face a few inches away from Melissa's. 

"Mhm, I'm only assigned 1-A, mostly cause I'm already familiar with them and cause my uncle thought it'd be a good idea." 

"That's so cool! What's your name?" The blond remarked from behind. 

"Oh, my name's Melissa Shield! What are your names?" Melissa asked, wanting to make some friends. 

"I'm Mirio Togata!"

"My name's Nejire Hado!" The two smiled. Nejire turned to face the other kid, a raven-haired boy, who seemed to be kinda nervous. 

"C-mon Tamaki! Introduce yourself! You need to speak up, hun!" Nejire urged, trying to get the male to say something. 

"M-My n-name's T-t-tam-maki A-ama-ji-jiki..." He stuttered, his ears bright red. Melissa smiled, tilting her head slightly. 

"It's nice to meet you guys!" 

The three, minus Tamaki who only gave a small smile, grinned brightly. 

"Hm, do you need help getting to where you need to be?" Mirio asked, noticing the paper sticking from her pocket. 

"Oh, yeah! I kinda need to know where the Support Department is." She said, fiddling with her fingers. 

"Oh, sure! We could take you there!" Nejire quipped up. Mirio nodded along as Tamaki just rubbed his shoulder while awkwardly smiling. 

They ended up taking Melissa right to where she needed to be. After saying thanks and goodbyes, the Big 3 left to meet Eri, leaving Melissa to step inside. 

She walked in, feeling a gust of wind hit her. She looked around to see a girl working on a gadget of some sort. She had wide eyes and pretty pink hair with lots of oil on her hands. Melissa walked up to the girl who seemed to be in extreme focus. Once the girl noticed the blond's presence and swiftly turned around. 

"Heya! You must be Melissa! I'm mei Hatsume!" She greeted, bowing dramatically. 

"It's lovely to meet you!" Melissa smiled brightly.

"So, should we wait for the class or-" She was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. She turned around to see the oh-so-familiar face of a certain greenette. 

"O-Oh! H-hey Melissa! Hey Hatusume!" He greeted, holding a case that most likely held his hero costume. 

"I kinda need some upgrades with my hero costume. But I still want to original design though.." He explained, rubbing the back of his neck. Melissa took the case, flicking it open to reveal the suit. She hummed, testing out the fabric and rubbing along some of the other pieces to see what was needed to be done. She tapped her chin in focus, the gears in her head turning as she was thinking of ideas. 

"Hmm, what exactly are you looking for, Deku?" Melissa asked, looking up to meet his emerald eyes. 

"Well, I k-kinda want the fabric to be a bit stronger and more flexible so that it doesn't tear as quickly whenever I use my quirk. Maybe strengthen my smash attacks too. And I want the mask to look different. I have the sketch I made for it with me". He explained, digging into his pocket to find a small slip of paper, handing it to Melissa. She folded it open to see the rough sketch of the mask. She had to admit, it was a pretty cool designed mask. She nodded, looking down at the paper. 

"Alright then, I suppose we'll get to work!" She said, giving a nod to Deku.

"Thanks, Melissa." He smiled. Sudenly, Mei popped out, grabbing her tools. 

"Well, let's get started on creating this thing! I got a vivid idea! New colors, a few metal parts, a bunch of materials, it'll be perfect!" She exclaimed, already getting her tools. She started drawing out many new modifications, even a few engine parts! Melissa stepped up to her, looking over her shoulder to see her sketching. 

"Ooh! We'll make it durable by giving it a metal base! And we'll fill it with shock absorbent!" Mei squealed, drawing different contraptions and pieces.

"Hm, this might be too heavy...What if we replaced this part with a lighter material and.." Melisaa suggested, getting caught off by Mei interupting. 

"This is PERFECT!! We've gotta bring this baby to life!" Mei announced, already finding a few pieces and materials to start off with. She continued adding many more add-ons and functions, which would definitely be too heavy for Izuku. 

"Uhm, maybe we should try a different approach? We should be considered with the hero's preference and opinions. Changing the whole costume would go against Deku's wishes." Melissa explained politely, sweatdropping from the pinkette's enthusiasm. Mei wouldn't hear it and continued mumbling and sketching out a rather complicated costume. 

"I mean, Deku is an amateur when it comes to hero costume designing and support items." Mei remarked, scribbling out her suit. 

"Even then, as supporters we should think about the hero first." Melissa urged, trying to bring the girl into perspective, She didn't want to argue, but she knew changing the costume this much would be extreme. The two bickered over the costume, Melissa wanting to keep the original design while making it stronger and better with Mei wanting to change the whole thing. Deku sweatdropepd, trying to stop the two. 

"Fine, let's have Midoriya be the judge then. He can decide who can make the better support item. Let's have a competition." Mei announced, throwing her hand in the air. Melissa nodded in agreement, until she noticed how uncomfortable the greenette was. Her expression softened slightly, worrying on how he felt. 

"Uhm, Deku, how do you exactly feel about this?" Melissa asked, turning to see his face. 

"U-Uh, well, I K-kinda feel like a whole competition would be a bit unnecessary, but if you guys want to, I'm fine!" He said, twiddling with his fingers. 

"Then it's settled! We'll host it at the USJ!" Mei exclaimed, running off to get materials. 

"I'll catch ya later, Deku!" Melissa waved, going off to fetch her own supplies. The greenette sweatdropped, rubbing his head as he walked back through the halls to talk to All Might. 

"I don't know if i should be worried about this competition or not..." He thought, silently walking through the hallway, the sound of his footsteps hitting the floor being the only thing he could hear besides his own thoughts running. 

Whoop! Sorry for such a late update! hope you guys liked this one! it's about time i got to actually starting Melissa's work.