The Suits ~Chapter 6~

A/N: A few of the parts in this story are directly copied from the actual Team-Up Missions Manga where Melissa and Mei had this competition. Anyways, Enjoy!

Melissa had been working hard on the hero costume she was working on for her friend, Deku. She had been working on it for a while, adding things and details here and there, still sticking with the original design to respect her friend's wishes. Soon enough, she got it to look and work the way she wanted it to, although she had to admit, the costume was still a work in progress, but she still thought it was decent. 

Meanwhile, Mei was just rolling with it, adding things on and overall, creating a whole new costume. The girl didn't seem to even consider Deku's wish to have his suit still look like his old one, which wasn't the best thing. 

A few days pass, and the group ends up at to test the new costumes using disaster simulations, with an audience of Kirishima, Bakugou, Kaminari, Mina, and All Might. Mei is the first to test out her costume which seemed to be a big, bulky suit with an integrated automatic avoidance feature that allows Izuku to automatically dodge obstacles. 

 Once Izuku tries it one, he's amazed by the function, although he did feel a bit sad that the design is so different from his old one. Though, its low battery life results in Izuku taking a blow from a boulder as Bakugo laughs in delight.  Not the best thing to wear for heroing, yikes...

Next was Melissa's suit, which looked just like the original one. Izuku smiled at the costume, his eyes zooming in on a few of the small adjustments, like the choice of metal. Once trying it one, he happily commented on its high quality and its preservation of the original design. However, much to his dismay, the costume rips from the damage, which was not the best experience. 

"Heh, sorry, It's still a work in progress, but I think I have the basic layout right.." She smiled sheepishly. Izuku nodded, glad she admitted the mistakes. 

 The two females continue on testing costumes, Melissa using the tests as an opportunity to fix her mistakes and take notes on some more adjustments. This continues for a while, All Might pondering their lack of team effort and compatibility of their styles while or Izuku was getting a bit tired. He soon requested a break, Mei attempting to pause the USJ's disaster system but fails, realizing that it lost control through overuse. The students try to defend themselves from the chaos, Izuku saving Melissa from incoming debris. (He may or may not have accidentally fallen on top of her, kinda like in the movie but switched-)

 They try to save Mei from a landslide, but she rushes towards a pile of support items, Melissa using a support item to pull her partner back just in the nick of time.

Mei shares that she went back to save Melissa's costume design from the support item pile, which had piqued her interest. She compliments Melissa for the fantastic design and material used, commemorating the amazing craftsmanship. They exchange compliments and reconcile, with Mei exclaiming that she believed they would make a good team. All Might and Izuku cheerfully watch them, until Izuku is promptly dismayed as both girls turn to him to continue testing costumes.

Soon enough, the full costume is finally finished after a while in the workshop, it was complete. The costume itself was pretty similar to the original, just a few different features were added. The gloves were upgraded to be able to be worn on top of the full gauntlets Melissa had created while also behind able to pushed back to prevent them from getting broken too easily from the smash and flick attacks. On the fabric of his arms was a thick, silver-plated, white line going down to his hands, which was created to make his green lightning stronger and smoother as the platinum was made from a special material, the same material made to match one of All Might's stronger suits. Then for the bottom half of his costume had a few more of the thick silver lines, this time they went all the way down his leg and had more squiggled lining but the same effect. But, there was something different, like some very intricate pieces attached to the leg armor, though it still looked similar to the ground beta version. There were these leg boosters attached to the back, which would not only boost up his jumps and attacks but also adds high-pressure gas to accelerate his kicks in Full Cowel. Right on the side of his eg armor was a small compartment for a small dagger or other small things to use in battle. 

Then for his mask. It was definitely very different seeing as the mask wasn't even a mask, but two earpieces similar to Uraraka's, but the pieces are green and in the shape of robot ears with a light green interior that can glow up. There is a dark grey circle over his ears with a soft inside which comforts his ears more and extends out to be even comfier. 

The material being used was also similar to All Might's costume, but not as advanced obviously and was very flexible and durable.

The costume was certainly much better and had a very well-made look. Melissa and Mei let out a sigh, wiping sweat off their foreheads. 

"Well, I suppose this was our first success. I look forward to working more with you, Hatsume." Melissa spoke, extending her hand for her partner to shake. Melissa grinned widely, sharing the blond's hand joyfully, then giving a big hug.

"Likewise!"