Chapter 2

After working through the entire ACDC playlist, and a 'Metallica' one too, the man called Tony announces that we have arrived at the Avenger's Facility

I look out of the windows and see a huge, grey building surrounded by neatly trimmed green lawns and sparring areas. Tony drives the car near the side of the facility, and stops it, opening his door and jumping out. Thor opens his door and gets out too, then walks around to my door and holds out an arm to help me out. As I straighten myself, I can't help but feel awed at the emptiness and peacefulness which emanates from my surroundings. It is so different from Asgard, where in the city there is barely an inch of space which is not built upon or lit up with bright lights.

Tony clasps hands with a man in a suit, greeting him as 'Happy', and the man gets into the car and drives it away, leaving Thor, Tony and I alone before the facility. 

"Well, kid" says Tony, looking down at me and shoving his hands into his pockets. "I'll get Nat to show you to your rooms, and then you can do whatever you want." He motions by inclining his head to his left. "There's a training arena down there- that's where you'll find Nat, and the cafeteria is next door. You'll find your way." He suddenly reaches out his arm and winks at me. "I gotta dash now, else I'll be late for tea with Pepper- but I'm sure we'll talk later."

Then pieces of metal begin flying towards us and my eyes widen, looking to Thor and bracing myself to fight whatever this is. But Thor just watches them, a calm expression on his face. I gasp as the pieces of red and gold metal begin to stick to the man called Tony, covering his body piece by piece until he is fully covered in them, wearing a suit of metal. Tony looks down at me, his suit whirring at the movement. "Bye, kiddo," he says, before shooting off into the air leaving nothing but a patch of scuffed tarmac.  

Well.

"What. Was. That." I say flatly, staring at the empty space where Tony once stood.

"That was another one of my friends, sister," chuckles Thor. "That was Iron Man."

Iron Man? What kind of a name is Iron Man? I thought his name was Tony...

Blinking, Thor and I walk to the front door of the Avengers Facility and I wonder what other strange friends my brother has made.