Chapter 10: Fluffy Stubbornness

ابدأ من البداية

You lifted your head and your gaze locked with Koda's. "Kawaii-chan!!"

Koda smiled at you happily and you beamed, eyes flickering over to Ojiro.

He was pretty sure his heart stopped. You were seeking his approval.

"It's a cute name." Ojiro commented softly.

You wiggled happily in place, squealing when the bunny burrowed her way into your arms and promptly fell asleep.

After some time, you handed her back to her rightful owner and resumed your previous position on Ojiro once he didn't protest. You bit down on your lip to keep the smile from spreading too far as his hands settled on your waist.

"Can," You cursed how meek you sounded. "Can you hug me again?"

All traces of nervousness faded as he obeyed almost immediately and you laughed breathlessly when his fingers danced along your sides.

"Stop that!!" You protested, unable to stop giggling before your hands shot to his wrists in a desperate attempt to pry him off.

Ojiro grinned, doing it again before conceding and stopping.

"It seems like you have a weakness, Y/N-chan." He whispered in your ear and you snorted.

"Who would be immune to tickling?"

You stiffened as his chin rested lightly on your head, in between your ears.

"C'mon, let's see if you can finish those four problems before I get the rest of this done." He challenged with a smile.

You grinned. Challenge accepted.

Before either one of you knew it, it was getting close to midnight. Everyone else was already in bed or fast asleep.

Everyone except for the two of you.

You had successfully completed his challenging questions for you to solve and as you proudly showed off your work, he had praised you. Not just for getting them right but for all the effort you had put in, emphasizing the latter.

You were sure you had never felt more touched by his genuine words. The two of you had moved to his futon once he finally set down his pencil, done for the night.

You were supposed to have your own room but since that only was going to come about once Aizawa signed the agreement, you didn't have a place of your own for one more night. The girls had kindly offered up their rooms for you to crash in but you had respectfully declined, saying you wanted to be with Ojiro.

You felt most comfortable with him.

They weren't worried for you. He was one of the purest boys in the class and had already shown he would never harm a hair on your head.

He had offered you another one of his sweatshirts and was puzzled when you nodded so fast, he was afraid your head would fall off. His unspoken question lingering in the air was answered when he caught you sniffing it once you thought he wasn't looking.

I'm whipped for her already...

You were about to make yourself comfortable on the floor when you saw him doing the same. The two of you glared at each other for the first time, engaged in a staring match that would end when the other caved and took the bed.

"What are you doing?" You growled through clenched teeth.

"Sleeping." Ojiro answered nonchalantly, fluffing his pillow only to have it snatched out from under him and tossed onto the futon with so much force it was a wonder how feathers weren't flying out of it.

"Get off the floor, Ojiro-kun." Your eyes glinted. "I won't take no for an answer."

"This is my room, Y/N-chan." He said firmly with absolutely no malice in his voice. "And as a guest, you're required to sleep in the bed."

You shook your head, crossing your arms childishly over your chest. He shot you a warning look but you stubbornly stayed put.

"Time's up." He declared, pushing himself up to his feet and striding over to you.

"Wha—" You cut off with a yelp as he hoisted you easily into the air. "Ojiro-kun!! Put me down!!"

A smirk pulled at the corner of his lips. "Okay."

You shrieked as he dropped you onto the bed, bouncing a couple of times before shooting him a glare. "Ojiro!!"

He wouldn't let you get up, placing his hands on either side of your hips and leaned in close, staring at you intently. Your cheeks reddened and all protests of how evil he was died on your tongue the second he was a millimeter away from you.

"Sleep here, okay?" He pleaded, expression giving way to concern. "I don't want you to sleep on the floor. You deserve better than that."

You couldn't tear your gaze away from him. "But... But if you sleep on the floor—"

"I'll be alright, don't worry." He reassured you, patting your head and offering up a comforting smile.

You wanted to argue but lacked the energy to do so.

This time, you didn't resist as he tucked you in. Surrendering yourself to the exhaustion that had just kicked in, you were completely unaware of the fond gaze trained on your face.