i nodded to carol, showing that sophia was safe with me. "one tiny moment, a- a millisecond. no pain." jenner stated, only causing her to burst into more tears.

"my daughter doesn't deserve to die like this."

her words caused me to hold sophia's body closer to mine, knowing carol was right. we were being detained and pretty much sentenced to death, and we couldn't stop it.

banging caught my attention as i turned, seeing daryl pounding on the door. "stay with dale for a second, i'll be back" i whispered to sophia before walking to where daryl was.

i picked up a hatchet off the floor, swinging it at the door, showing him i was there to help. he stopped, watching me hit the door, over and over again.

"take a picture, it'll last longer" i mumbled sarcastically, earning a scoff.

"why are you helping me? shouldn't you be with your boyfriend, goody two shoes?" he questioned, his words making my blood boil.

"watch it, i'm the one with a weapon." i sneered, glancing behind me to see glenn staring between me and daryl.

a swush from beside me, turned my attention away from him, to see the doors opening, "come on!" daryl yelled, before running off.

i froze in place, not because i was waiting for the other, it was just pure luck. the others rushed to the opening of the door turning back when jackie and andrea refused to come.

"just go! go!" dale shouted, causing the others to run past me, while i stayed frozen, not wanting to leave him behind.

"no, dale" i uttered, tears brimming my eyes. i felt a hand grab my arm, trying to pull me away, "melanie, we have to go. come on!" glenn yelled

dale turned back for just a second giving me sad eyes, "take care of each other, you two."

i shook my head, watching dale disappear from my view as glenn pulled me farther and farther away.

"get down!" rick yelled, causing us both to duck as soon as we arrived at the scene. the sound of glass shattering filled my ears, surprising me at first.

we quickly made our way out of the hole from where the glass once was, running to the rv and cars to take shelter.

"wait. wait! they're coming." lori warned, pointing to where andrea and dale walked near the window.

a smile appeared on my face, turning to glenn in joy. he returned the smile, patting me on my shoulder as we watched them get closer.

"dale, get down!" lori screamed, honking the horn to catch their attentions.

glenn pulled my body to the ground, shielding my head with his arms when the explosion accurred, shaking the whole rv.

when the shaking and loud noise stopped, we slowly got up, watching the building ignite.
_______________

we didn't have time to plan for where we were heading next, we were always gonna be on danger. so rick decided that we were gonna head for fort benning.

no one had fought against the idea, we all trusted him and his plans.

the cars and rv had been low on fuel, so we needed to stop and siphon gas from cars that were abandoned.

me and shane were forced to leave the jeep, due to the fact that if we were gonna get anywhere, we needed as much gas as we could get for three vehicles. so we now sat in the back of the rv.

i sat at the dining table next to andrea, looking out the window, admiring the view. "oh jeez" dale uttered, causing me, andrea, and shane to look out the front window.