"He wanted to undo the spell your mom did that made you vampires?" Stefan questioned incredulously. "How would that even be possible?"

Elijah wipes a hand over his chin, surrendering his disbelief to logically think out the steps Finn would need to do. "It'd start with a linking spell, which any witch could do if they had something of every person involved. For us, it'd likely be our blood because it's the only thing we all have in common."

"But getting a blood sample from every Original vampire is impossible, considering one is extremely homicidal and paranoid, and the rest are taking vacations to purgatory."

"Exactly,"

"Humor me," Athena looks at Elijah, her dark eyes twisting with the gleam of determination and something else he couldn't quite recognize. It was a look he'd begun to notice on her face whenever she thought she had an idea, though, so he was curious to see where she was going with it. "What else would he have to do?"

"If he completed the linking spell, he'd need our mother, or a witch as powerful as her to weaken us all at the same time, and then he could simply kill himself and kill the rest of us along with him. But to even do permanent harm to himself, he'd need a white oak dagger and it just so happens that we burned the last remaining bit of white oak so we could never be killed."

Athena tucked her dark hair behind her ears, briefly tapping a manicured finger on her cheek. "If you got rid of all the white oak trees, how did John Gilbert have the ash of one?"

"His ancestors, presumably. They're notorious vampire hunters, I'm sure they heard whispers of vampires that could only be killed with one thing."

Stefan shook his head slightly, his brows furrowing. "Wait, so, you just told us all that Finn would have to do in order to kill you all, and if you know it, how do you know he's not already doing it? What makes that so impossible?"

"Because Finn is daggered, and so is my mother,"

Silence fell into the room, and Athena bit the inside of her cheek anxiously, her eyes darting to the floor as she racked her brain for some sort of solution. "There's no way that Finn could undagger himself, and I doubt Klaus would do it since I'm sure he's the one that did it in the first place,"

Elijah nods at her, confirming her assumptions.

"So, he'd need help. Someone who knew who he was, and what Klaus did to him so they could find him and undagger him one day."

Apollo shook his head. "But who could that be?"

"I don't know," Elijah muttered, frustration seeping into his shoulders and making him tense. His eyes shot upwards, landing on Stefan who shifted at the sudden attention on him. "If Finn has somehow compelled you to protect Elena and forget him entirely, he's closer to all of this than we realize."

"Where do we even start on tracking him down? Let alone killing him or daggering him again?"

"For Finn to actually do this, Klaus can't become a true hybrid, he can't break his curse. If he breaks the curse, he'll be too powerful to be stopped."

Damon tilts his head back slightly, his eyes rolling back. "So, basically, we have to help Klaus break the curse so that Finn can't kill you all."

"I'm afraid so,"

An irritated sigh automatically comes from Stefan, and an apologetic look follows. "I'm sorry," He shakes his head. "I– I can't. I have to go. You guys need to do whatever it is you need to do, but I can't know. If this is really what's going on, I can't be involved in stopping it."

Athena sits up as he stands, reaching for him, but he's gone before she can grab his hand and she drops her arm back down defeatedly. Pinching the bridge of her nose, she ignores the three sets of eyes looking at her, awaiting her outburst.