ACT 2

ACT 2:HE RAN INTOMY KNIFE

ACT 2:
HE RAN INTO
MY KNIFE

Chaeyoung finds Jimin's possessiveness endearing.

College has always been the place to be if you wanted to search for your significant other. At least to Chaeyoung it was, especially if you're surrounded by future professionals that'll probably have ten zeros in their bank accounts in the next ten years. If you happen to find one that's doing extremely good in their studies, well, your future is already secured.

Chaeyoung just so happens to cross paths with Park Jimin, an architecture student who's two years older than her in some boring college party. Unlike most guys, he's shy, timid, but he possesses a smile that makes her insides feel warm. Not only that, he's sweet, too, with the way he blushes at every unfunny joke she tells him, and the way his cheeks just puff out when he's drunk.

And Chaeyoung likes sweet things, so who was she to ignore him?

It starts like this: he began to slip handwritten notes in one of her finance books during the end of a particular Wednesday, and the next day after that, and the next, until it became a habit. It's always filled with you did well today :) or please be safe <3 and the words PJM at the bottom left corner.

It's cute, to say the least, and gives her a spark of inspiration to get by.

Just when she thought he couldn't get more adorable, though, he proves her wrong.

Lunch time at a random Monday, they meet at their usual spot by the corner table in the cafeteria, with Jimin already waiting with boxes of take-out Chinese food and sizzling sodas in front of him.

Chaeyoung saunters over, a grin already in her lips as she sits next to him. Her eyes doesn't miss the odd slump of his shoulders, nor the occasional glare in his eyes. "Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Jimin grumbles back, handing her the disposable chopsticks. "I got these from Panda Express."

Chaeyoung ignores his last comment. "C'mon, spit it out, Min," she scoffs and places a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "I know there's something wrong."

He lets out a sigh and puts his hand over hers. "I just heard Jaehyun back in the men's restroom a while ago, said he's planning on asking you out on a date."

"Jaehyun? Jung Jaehyun?"

"Yeah, that prick," Jimin practically sneers.

Chaeyoung cackles, slapping his thigh, and his face breaks into a flustered grin. "Oh my god, you sound like you're jealous, Min."