Chapter 43: Right Than I Realized You're The Love Of My Life

(Rose's POV) 

   Five years. Five years. My son was born exactly five years ago. It is insane to think about how far I've come as a mom, as a wife, as a musician, and as a singer. There have been a lot trials over the past five years but Matty and I made it. I cannot believe that he is my husband. He's my husband and the father of my son and daughter. "Achilles is five today." Matty informs me. He's currently on the couch playing guitar. He's working on the band's next album. I have two albums out and I'm currently working on the third. I've been on two headlining tours while raising a family. My family means the world to me and Matty has sacrificed so much for me. He sacrificed a tour for me so I could tour and he took care of the kids. My dreams have all come true. 

  I put the notebook that I was writing in down. "I honestly cannot believe that Achilles is five. Should we go wake up the birthday boy?" I ask. 

  "Maybe but I am enjoying the quiet time." Matty kisses me on the lips. "I love this life we have together." 

  "So do I." I say, kissing him back. "We will give him five more minutes before we wake him up. I am going to make pancakes." I walk into the kitchen. 

  He follows after me. "I don't mind helping." He states. 

  I shake my head. "You are not getting anywhere near the stove Healy." I state. 

  He pouts. "Why not?" He asks. 

  "Because the last time you tried to help me make breakfast you almost burned the house down. Two days after we moved into it." I say, starting to make the mix. 

  "That's not fair! You know it was an accident." He argues with me. "It was not intentional is my point. But fine I will stay away from the stove. How did you get so good at cooking?" 

  I smile at him. He has a point. I used to be a very bad cook but then George started to teach me because otherwise Matty would've burned the house down. "George taught me because otherwise the house would've been burned down." I say, winking at him. 

  He rolls his eyes even though he knows that I'm right. "You have a point." He says. "I do like watching you cook though it is kind of sexy." He smirks that famous smirk of his. 

  "Is it?" I ask, being a bit of a smart ass. "I'm glad you think so." 

  Two seconds later I feel arms wrap around my waist and Matty kissing my neck. "It is. I know so." He sasses be back being playful. 

  I laugh at him as I start putting the pancake mix into the pan. "I'm glad you're being playful. I haven't seen this side of you in a while." I state. 

  He kisses me on the back of my neck. "I'm such a lucky man." He states.