Chapter 13

I see Schlatt give Quackity a look. Quackity gives a small nod in return and presses a button. What's this all about? I'm about to ask, but Tubbo beats me to the chase.

"Schlatt, what are you- what are you doing?" Tubbo asks, puzzled. The ground opens around Tubbo and blocks spring out of the ground, enclosing him. The now imprisoned Tubbo gives Schlatt a shocked look. I'm just as shocked. But at the same time...this is Schlatt we're talking about. They should've seen this coming.

"Schlatt! Schlatt!" Tubbo repeats, panic rising in his voice. Schlatt continues to ignore him, what was Schlatt up to?

"Tubbo. Tubbo, I'll cut to the fucking chase alright?" Schlatt shouts.

"Wh-what?" Tubbo stutters.

"Tubbo, it-" Schlatt lets out a sarcastic sigh. "It really pains me to do this in front of everyone here." He waves vaguely at all of us sitting down.

"Schlatt, I can't get out!" Tubbo's voice is a shrill shriek at this point. What the fuck was Schlatt doing? Schlatt's voice suddenly goes cold.

"I know what you've been up to," Schlatt says in a serious voice. My heart skips a beat. Oh no.

"What have I been up to? Wha-what to do you mean?" Tubbo stammers, trying to cover it up. Schlatt lets out an exasperated sigh.

" 'What have I been up to,' he says" Schlatt cackles softly as he mocks Tubbo.

"Schlatt I'm-" Tubbo starts but Schlatt has heard enough.

"You've been conspiring!" He shouts, "With the idiots- with the tyrants!" Tubbo falls silent.

"The people that we kicked out of this great nation, out of this country!" Schlatt continues, his voice loud. "Tubbo, right here guys!" He turns to look at the crowd. "He's a traitor! He's been spying on Manburg, telling the enemy what's happening!" He chuckles softly, "Tubbo I don't know if you noticed, but what you did isn't exactly a respectable thing around here." Tubbo opens his mouth to speak, but Schlatt beats him to it.

"I know what you've been doing. It all adds up, the secret tunnels, your absence from big events!"

"Uh..." Tubbo's eyes dart from side to side.

"Don't even try to tell me you haven't done anything wrong." Schlatt booms. "Because everybody knows it! I've seen it with my own two fucking eyes!" Schlatt lets out a big sigh.

"Do you know what happens to traitors, Tubbo?" His voice drops dangerously low.

"N-no..." Tubbo whispers, Schlatt turns to face us in the crowd.

"Nothing good," His eyes flicker across the people in the crowd and land on Techno who is sitting next to me. "Hey, TechnoBlade, you wanna come up here for a second?" Schlatt asks as a sly grin forms on his face. Techno stands up, I pull his cape so he'll sit down again. I'm not sure what Schlatt wants, but I know it's going to be dangerous. Techno yanks his cape out of my grasp and walks over onto the stage. Tubbo laughs nervously, I see his eyes dart up. I follow his gaze to the rooftop of a building. I see Wilbur and Tommy dressed in netherite armor on the roof.

"Come here, TechnoBlade," Schlatt says, leading Techno onto a platform in front of Tubbo.

"Look him in the eyes," Schlatt smirks.

"What's going on here?" Techno asks.

"Well, Tubbo here is the enemy, and a traitor to Manburg." Schlatt continues. Where is this going?

"So, Techno, could you please..." He pauses and waves his hand at Tubbo, "Take care of him." Tubbo's eyes widen in fear. Techno raises an eyebrow at Schlatt.

"What are you asking, Schlatt?" Techno asks,

"TechnoBlade, we're uh, we're running on a tight schedule here so-" Schlatt says.

"Well, what do you want from me, Mr.President?" Techno asks again. I can't believe him. He said he hated the government, yet here he is, following the President's orders. 

"Well, I mean..." Schlatt sighed. "I only call you in for special favors," Schlatt adds. What does he mean? Silence spreads over the crowd.

"Techno, I need you to take him out." Schlatt's voice rings across the stage. I see Tubbo's eyes widen. His face is a mixture of shock and fear. Schlatt can't be serious... can he?

"Wha- Schlatt... wait!" Tubbo pleads, slightly muffled by the trap around him.

"Are you sure you want me to do this, Mr. President?" Techno asks hesitantly.

"Don't question me! I want you to kill him! Fucking kill him, TechnoBlade!" Schlatt yells, I gasp. Tubbo stares at them, fear stricken.

"No, no, no..." Tubbo pleads.

"Right now! On this stage!" Schlatt demands, his patience running out. I stand up from my seat and look back up at Wilbur and Tommy standing on the rooftop. Techno won't do it, he won't kill Tubbo.

"Schlatt please-" Tubbo says as Schlatt gives him a smirk.

"And make it hurt!" He says, laughing evilly.

"Schlatt, we have him trapped, and in jail. Isn't that enough?" Techno counters.

"My own right-hand man betrayed me. Jail's not enough. I want him dead!" Schlatt says between gritted teeth. I start to lose hope, no way Techno would actually follow up on this. Techno unslings his crossbow and aims it at Tubbo. Schlatt is smiling like a maniac.

"Techno, please..." Tubbo trails off, his eyes desperate. "Please!" Techno shakes his head sadly.

"Sorry Tubbo, but I gotta do what I gotta do," His grip on the crossbow tightens, and he pulls back the loaded arrow.

"Techno no!" I yell, jumping up from my seat. I try to run onto the stage but Schlatt orders Quackity to hold me back. I struggle against Quackity's grasp. I promised Tubbo, I promised him he wouldn't get hurt. Tubbo locks eyes with me. A tear runs down his cheek.

"Tubbo..." I whisper. Everything seems to happen in slow motion, Techno lets his grip on the crossbow go, letting the arrow fly. I see Tubbo's frightened gaze, and Schlatt's evil grin. The arrow buries itself into Tubbo's chest.

"Tubbo!" I yell as I hear a bloodcurdling shriek. Purple particles float next to Techno. Tommy had enderpearled down to the stage. The crowd is in commotion, Schlatt laughing. Quackity let go of me and I run toward Tubbo. I kneel by his side. Tommy is screaming his lungs out at Techno.

"Tubbo, no no no..." I quickly check his pulse, he's still alive. I sigh in relief, Tommy is pummeling Techno, and Techno was shooting his crossbow at the crowd wildly.

"Y/n?" I snap my head back to face Tubbo.

"Oh Tubbo, you're gonna be ok," I assure him and he shakes his head.

"Y/n listen..." He rasps.

"Tubbo, please save it for later." He has to save his energy if he wants to survive. He grabs my hand weakly, his blue eyes slightly glazed.

"Y/n..." He mumbles again, that catches my attention.

"What is it, Tubbo?" I ask quietly. He breathes heavily and murmurs one last thing before his eyes roll up into his head.

"I love you."

Author's note: Sorryyyyyyy. Please don't come for me in the comments lol. Tysm for all the love and support! <3 More chapters coming out later today!