Chapter 13: Rooftop Den

Stage: broadway_crackers
Cards: meeeeeeeeeeeee

Just a nice little chapter before it goes down hill- you heard nothing here.

Their friendship bracelets are above in the picture. The one on the left is Stage's and thy e one on the right is Cards'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cards drags Stage up to the top of the building. "Come on, Stage!"she calls from the top of the fire escape.

"But what if we fall and hurt ourselves?"Stage calls up and follows her friend up.

"We can't die."

"Oh yeah,"Stage mumbles and gets to the top. She looks around and grins at the candles around her surrounded by poles, sticks and snacks.

"And here is our childhood fantasy coming true,"Cards replies and points to the messy stack with jazz hands.

"Yay!!"Stage grins and hugs Cards excitedly. "Thank you so so much for this, Cards!"

This had been the girl's child hood fantasy long before they were immortal.

~~~~~~~ flashy back time ~~~~~~~

"And what do we do when we get to New York?"Grace asks, slightly confused on the point of going to New York.

"We explore and travel,"Sage replies exasperatedly. "We see the world,"the ten year old grins and starts to balance on a high up branch.

"Hey careful kid,"Grace warns nervously. "I'm not responsible for any broken bones."

"Can we go to New York one day?"ten-year-old Sage asks. "Please, Grace, please,"she begs.

"Fine. When we go we'll stay on somebody's roof and we'll make a den out of sticks and blankets,"Grace fantasies.

"And have candles lit all around and food and snacks! And we'll stay up all night,"Sage adds. Sage starts to describe some more to Grace and the older girls pulls out a spare piece of paper and a pencil. She starts to messily sketch out what Sage describes and shows it to the younger girl.

Sage squeals in excitement. "It's perfect!"

"And then one day we'll do it and that's a promise."

~~~~~~~ flashy back over ~~~~~~~

"Grace you're the best!"Sage grins and jump hugs the older girl. Grace stumbles around a bit and then hugs Sage back.

"I know I am,"Grace smirks cockily. "Now let's get inside."

The two girls crawl into the den and lie down on the blankets that were set out. They flop down, their backs and head landing on spare pillows from the Lodge. They make brief eye contact and then burst out laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ time skip ~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No. Way."

"Yes way! Race is crushing on Spot end of story,"Sage replies and places a sweet into her mouth.

"We've got to get them together!"Grace says.