Chapter 5: Discussion

Sage: broadway_crackers
Grace: me

Grace walks down the stairs with Sage close behind her, jumping over the last two. She looks to the dinner table to see her mother, father, Liberty and Daniel sat at table.

"Where's Beck and Anna gone?"she asks. Liberty points to the couch with Beck and Anna lying down on it both fast asleep and curled up together.

"Girls take a seat,"her mother says and gestures to the two the bench opposite from Liberty and Daniel. Sage and Grace share a look and pull it out then sit down. "Right care to explain how my daughter became immortal?"

"Sage you're doing this one."

"Well she found this tree with a little spring and she showed it to me and I wanted a drink of water,"Sage starts. "She tested it first and said that I can't drink it because some thing was funny about it. I then went home and she said that she tripped over hit her head on a rock and went unconscious for however long it was-,"

"You tripped over and hit your head on a rock? What did you even trip over?"Liberty cuts in.

"My own two feet. Now let me carry on with how I figured out I was immortal,"Grace replies. "I went to the park to pick some stuff up-,"

"Why were you going to the park?"

"To pick up some stuff for Ma's birthday present,"Grace replies. "Now please stop cutting me off! This woman pointed out that I had blood dripping down the back of my head and I said my brother had spilt ketchup."

"How do you spill ketchup?"

"You also don't have a younger brother."

"That's what I said!"

"The lady asked that and I ran off now quit cutting me off!"she snaps. "I went back to the spring poured some over a toad and then dropped a pebble on the toad's head and it was still alive,"she says. "So that spring makes you immortal."

"Where's That spring?"Daniel asks.

"The Foster's Woods."

"So you not only became immortal but you also trespassed?"Liberty asks and chuckles slightly at her sister, shaking her head a little bit. "Well done little sister but you're officially a moron."

"We're trespassing now, Lib,"Grace says bluntly.

"Enough!"their mother snaps. "So you're immortal? What's your plan?"

"Well leave and then come back every ten years," Grace replies and scratches the back of her neck.

Sage looks to Grace in shock with the rest of her family. Ten years? Every ten years? The next time we'd see each other is when I'm 21.

"Why ten?"

"Because, Daniel, as you told me it takes ten years to forget a face,"Grace replies and stands up. She goes to the kitchen and grabs a glass of water and sits back down.

"But I'm getting married next summer and you promised you'd be my bridesmaid!"Liberty says.

"Since when's I say that?"Grace asks confused and looks down to the table.