Reprimandation

Pansy lifted her gaze, watching as he aggressively flipped through the pages of the book in front of him

Pansy lifted her gaze, watching as he aggressively flipped through the pages of the book in front of him. "You're acting weird."

His eyes found her sitting there across from him. He shook his head, and like the rest of the students in the surrounding library, ignored her as well.

"Draco-" when she reached out, placing her hand on his forearm, he retracted it back to his own side.

"Please." His voice was filled with annoyance. "I'm trying to read this. If I get behind on my studies—"

"There are more important things than your studies." She retorted.

His eyes cautiously eyed the surrounding area, before feverishly scanning the pages once more.

She was bored, and began to drum her fingers on the table. Draco gave her a scathing glare. With a huff, she surrendered, and retreated from the isle. 

Her eyes caught something curious. The realization hit, and she decided to approach him.  "Just what do you think you're doing?"  She placed a hand on his shoulder from behind him, and he shrugged it off. 

"Leave me be." 

His gaze was fixed further down the row on a particular someone, trying to find a book to read.  As she selected a cover, she subtly looked toward the pair.

"You daft moron!" Pansy whispered. "She notices you staring."

Pansy decided she had to fix this situation, in the most convincing way.  As she took a few steps forward, Blaise reached out to grab her arm, and pulled her back to his side. "No, Pansy don't-"

"Relax."  She spoke, and when his grip was loosened she broke free and approached the Gryffindor. 

Hermione simply looked to her patiently. "Yes?"

"Do you spend any time outside the library? How can you possibly know more?" Pansy sung, crossing her arms and leaning against the bookshelf. 

"I don't know. Though you're insults are quite repetitive aren't they? Do you ever get bored of it?" 

Before she could respond, Blaise's voice was closer than she assumed. "What book are you reading?" He inquired. 

Pansy's eyes grew wide in alarm. She quickly made to grip his upper arm tightly and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Please, Zabini, since when do you read?"  She laughed.

Hermione looked to Pansy with confusion. Then back to Blaise. She answered him politely, and then he nodded, and awkwardly left the isle. 

"I get it okay." Hermione begun.  "You're together. I don't know why you're so concerned, Pansy. Zabini and I are merely friends." 

Pansy narrowed her eyes. "We're not together for your information. I'm with Draco, and I thought you would have heard from your dear friend Weaslebe."