...Woah

A mouse. 

I was supposed to get help from a mouse. 

I mean, at least it can talk, am I right? 

"I think that with your memories, you would not have that look on your face." The mouse said.

"Do I know you?" I asked. The mouse scrunched up its nose. 

"Well, yes, very well in fact. Oh dear, you're in worse shape than I imagined." the mouse said. 

"Right, so you're, um-"

"Wilson. My name is Wilson. I'm your wife's fairy pet." he explained. 

"Right, Wilson. So you're W?" I asked. 

"In fact, I am. Sit down, young man. There's a lot to explain." I sat down on the grass and Wilson stood.

"First of all, your memories were erased by a witch. She's not exactly evil. Yet, no one knows what she looks like at all. I have my suspicions, but best not to share them." I didn't understand one thing though. Or actually a few. Like he was reading my mind, he said, " Oh, don't worry, bring on the questions. I came prepared." He brought out a piece of cheese and set it down in front of him.  I raised an eyebrow. Okaaay. 

"Well, first question, how can you talk? I thought fairy pets couldn't talk to anyone but their owner?" I asked first. 

"Well, a year after you got married, your wife gave me the ability to speak," he explained after he swallowed a piece of cheese. 

"She has magic?"

"Yes indeed. Very powerful. But only uses it for good. That's why everyone loves her!" 

"OK, second question. Why me? Why would the witch erase my memory?"

"Well you see, there's a genie, her name's Darlene."

"I think I know Darlene..." I muttered. 

"Hmm, I see, anyway, she's kept at a place called Shipwreck Cove to be kept safe. Your friend, Jocelyn, went to Darlene, because her sister, Professor Harlow, had said something about the future and evil rising again. So Jocelyn went to Darlene to see if this was correct, and it was. So it's been said that Jocelyn and Harlow went missing after that, and haven't returned since the end of July!" Wilson squeaked. 

"Harlow is the Evil Queen right?"

"Correct! You must be more powerful than I thought Jaxon. Most memory swipes take a while. And you need the witch who cast the spell on you to reverse it." Wilson thought out loud. 

"And why me again?"

"Well, you see, Darlene said that only you can stop this, no one else, so obviously, whatever witch put the spell on you didn't want that happening," Wilson explained. 

"OK, and what's the date?" I asked. 

"Early November. You have been knocked out for almost 3 months." My jaw dropped. 

"3 MO-"

"Be quiet! Someone will hear you," he said, putting a finger to his lips.

"Right."  

"So what do I do?" I asked.

"Easy. You have to find the witch that put the memory spell on you and turn her good again. Assuming that was what she was before." he explained.

"But how am I going to find her?" Wilson smirked.

Or, uh, smiled?

Can mice smile?

"I'll lead you to the direction of the cove where Darlene is. That way, you can make 3 wishes and find wherever the witch is. And then you know the rest." Wilson said.

"So where is Shipwreck Cove?"

"I know a friend who can help. but first, we'll have to catch a carriage to the docks."

"The docks? Why the docks?" I asked. 

Wilson scowled. 

Or, something like that. 

"Well, it's a cove! It's somewhere in the ocean! Now let me get something." he excused himself and came back with a piece of paper and a small pen, fit just for him.

I watched as he wrote on the paper, rolled it up, and called for a....hawk. 

It cawed at him. 

"Yes, just one letter. To the docks. A girl with white-blonde hair and yellow eyes." Wilson replied. 

The hawk cawed again. 

"As fast as you can, we need to be there quickly." 

The hawk nodded, or, uh, moved its head (?) and flew off with the letter clutched in its talons.  

"So how are we supposed to get to the docks?" I asked. 

"We'll take the public carriage. But we can't have you hanging around like this. Let's get you a disguise."

---

Somehow, Wilson had managed to get a few brown contacts, a jacket, and some new jeans for me, which I quickly changed into. 

Nothing awkward happened, don't worry. 

Eeeeexcept for the beaver. 

But he was washing his eyes. 

Maybe it was bleach, and it was holy. 

Who knows?

I hopped onto the first carriage to the docks with Wilson tucked in my pocket. He had insisted he come with me, or I would be totally lost, which was true. 

The second we arrived on the docks, the fresh scent of the sea hit me like a truck. A memory rushed back to me faster than lightning the second it did. 

Men were lined up on the deck, holding flowers and boxes of chocolates, all shouting 'Gilly!'.

"OK, so you weren't kidding when you said you had a bunch of suitors." I joked.

A girl, around 26, with long brown hair and chocolate-colored eyes, glared at him, " You're gonna have to help me manipulate." she pouted, crossing my arms. Honestly, it made her look cute, as she made a pouty lip.

"Sure, Thief." I chuckled. 

"Jaxon?" Wilson asked. 

I shook my head and looked at the horizon. 

"It's nothing. Anyways, where is the person we were going to meet?" I asked. 

Out of the blue, literally out of the sea, and girl with white-blonde hair and bright yellow eyes popped out of the surface. 

"Jax? But you're-"

"No time to explain Haley, we have to get to Shipwreck Cove. And fast." Wilson interrupted. 

The girl nodded and dove into the water and to a man at the edge of the dock. He looked back at us and his eyes widened. He came towards us, and I took in his buff figure. He was sweating like he had been working here all day and it was kinda scary as he walked towards us, but Wilson didn't seem intimidated. 

"Jax? What are you doing here?" he asked. 

"No time Jack, we need a ship to Shipwreck Cove."