➵ 03.

𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝟶𝟶𝟹 - 𝙷𝚘𝚝 𝙲𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚎

𝟶𝟿•𝟸𝟻

   "WAIT. That depressing looking guy is your brother?!"

   "Unfortunately!" Tabitha chuckled, grinning brightly.

   "Hey! Tabitha!"

   The two girls turned to where Julian came walking out of his house, a cheery smile on his face.

   "Hiya Mister Delacroix!" Tabitha waved, smiling back.

   "Do you and Jay mind walking little Sylver to school today?" Julian asked, grabbing said girl by the head and pulling her towards him. "She just showed up an hour ago and doesn't know where the school is!"

   "Yes I do! What do you mean?!" Sylver hissed, her face turning red as she wrestled with the man as he shoved her lunch into her backpack. "Quit acting like a mom, I know where to go on my own!"

   "Of course we can take her!" Tabitha interrupted, clapping her hands delightfully and grabbing Sylver's hand, entwining their fingers together. "It'll be so much fun! We'll be great friends from now on!"

   Sylver rolled her eyes.

   "Alright, flunky." She groaned. "But that doesn't make us friends, don't expect me to be here for long."

   "Wha- Why?" Tabitha asked quietly, a flash of hurt spreading across her face.

   Sylver was taken aback by her reaction, and felt kinda bad, especially since the girl was so cheery and welcome. But still, she couldn't lie.

   "Cuz I'll be going back to Moonlight Academy soon." She answered, turning around and walking away. Though she had only taken a few steps before she collided with Jay, whom she forgot was there, and stepped back, rubbing her head.

   "The hell-?"

   "Why's Tabitha frowning?" He growled, looming over her with a demonic glare.

   "HAH? How should I know?!" She snorted, lifting her chin.

   "You guys look like a pack of angry wolves, stawpit!" Tabitha huffed, pushing herself in between them with her arms outstretched.

   "Don't compare me to such creatures!" Jay grunted, his face twisted in disgust, before he eyed Sylver. "She may be, but I'm not!"

   "HEY!!"

   "Okay okay, whatever." Tabitha sighed, wrapping her arm around Sylver's and leading her away.

   "Alrighty then! Cya after school, children!" Julian purred as he waved. "I feel like a proud mama..."

   "What the heck is wrong with you?!" Sylver groaned, spinning around to run back and kick him in the shin.

   "YOUCHY!"

   He screeched, jumping back in pain. With a pout and teary eyes, he added, "You're so mean, Sylvie..."

   With a satisfied grunt, the girl spun around and skipped back to Tabitha's side as the brown haired girl burst into a fit of laughter. They began on their way, an awkward silence growing between the three as they got further from the house. Sylver pulled out a pair of earbuds from the pockets of her hoodie and put them on, yanked out her phone and had her tunes playing through her ears in no time.