➵ 01.

𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝟏

𝟶𝟶𝟷 - 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚊

𝟶𝟿•𝟸𝟺

   Golden.

   That's one way to describe that one season many call autumn. She arrives gracefully, and silently. Her gentle touch eases away the vibrant, eventful summers, bringing with her another beginning.

   Days start off in calming darkness. The weather, ever so soft and forgiving. The air is filled with scents of nostalgia, and the trees wave a final goodbye before entering their cold slumber.

   Our story starts off in a fairly small school building on the top of a hill, dressed in a cloud of cool mist.

   Astoria High School is nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, you can say that it's below the ordinary... You'll understand soon.

   "Alright, sit down ya good-for-nothing delinquents."

   A dark-haired woman walked into a loud classroom filled with what seemed to be endless chattering.

   The woman rolled her eyes, and cleared her throat, only for no different response from her students.

   Finally, she let out a groan and slammed her hands over her table.

   "SHUT THE GOOF UP, ALL OF YOU!" She screeched.

   Almost immediately, the class went silent and the students ran to their seats, tripping and stumbling over the legs of desks and chairs while doing so.

   Once the teacher calmed down, she let out a sigh and began talking.

   "Today we have a new student joining our class, transferring right from Moonlight Academy."

   The teacher's usually dull amber eyes beamed with pride.

   Why? Because Moonlight Academy is a prestigious school that only the highest of elites are accepted into, so it was indeed a big deal if a student at such a high ranked school was being transferred to a school where all the flunkies studied at.

   That's right, welcome to Astoria High, a place where teenagers who are considered the lowest of low come together to complete their education at!

   Anyways, back to the story.

   "The Moonlight Academy?!" Someone shouted out.

   "Is this some sort of sick joke?"

   "Why would anyone from Moonlight want to come here?!"

   "Wait I think I forgot to pack my lunch!"

   "Are we some sort of joke to them?!"

   "Unbelievable!"

   "SETTLE DOWN! FUCKING GOD!" The teacher shouted to silence the heated class.

   Yeah, these morons need just the tiniest thing to get them worked up.

   "Where is this little billionaire anyways?!" One of them asked.

   "Right... She should be arriving soon after the principal leads her to the class." The teacher sighed. "Her name's Mizu-"

   "Sylver."

   The door slammed open and a small figure stood at the frame, her hands in the pockets of her skirt and a foot lifted as if she'd just kicked the door open.