It was all she ever wanted to be. Her goals had changed from college and leaving Forks once more to vampires and beauty. Because without Edward she felt the flaws start to take over. For so long it had been a choice of human or vampire, but Bella knew that if she could get rid of her flaws through immortality she would do so. Now she's stuck, knowing of beauty and never able to reach it. A permanent state of imperfection could not make Bella happy. Never again without him could she be happy.

She, the girl with the world. Bella Swan, a girl whose ex-boyfriend left her life on her birthday. She found it insulting to be faced with someone so elegant and able to handle herself when she could not. How dare she? Bella found herself wondering as she screamed into her pillow.

Now came the thoughts of Jacob. Had she loved him? No, no she hadn't. Bella knew her feelings toward Jacob Black could never expand beyond childish wants and perhaps a layer of lust. But still, she desired him. Andromeda did not deserve such a man. She didn't even know him! How he used to be terrified of lightning and how his eyes would widen at any mention of high-level mathematics. Her sister couldn't imagine the things they'd talked about. His ideas for the way the world should work, what he wants in a partner. She'd been there over the past weeks for everything no matter what. How dare her sister come in and steal everything she loved away from her. What was next, finding another mate in Edward? Bella grimaced at the thought. That was the only way Andromeda could take something else away.

Bella clung onto that love for her ex like a python and waited for him to return, whisk her away like a knight in shining armor. She'd always been one for dramatic plays and Shakespeare.

This is not a fairytale.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐀 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐁 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃. No matter the lack of joke or humorous air she could laugh. It all came together in a tightly knotted feeling in her chest that exploded out her mouth as the air breezed by. She could know that the clouds kept her safe in the car. Oh, but that didn't matter much now that she had Jacob here. She'd never felt so comforted by the presence of a man other than her Papa, who could draw out as many giggles and chortles as he wanted out of his sweet daughter.

Only when the vampire came home did she realize what she was and what that meant. Andromeda never denied the truth of her nature, that wouldn't work for a princess who serves the law. In Forks she had become a bridge between shifters and vampires, a role she didn't know if she was ready for. No matter, it was thrust upon her. At least I have Jacob, she thought to herself as he took the key out of the car.

While the girl was sure that nothing could stop the flow of the law in Volterra, the flow in Forks could be meddled with if the Cullens were to return. Surely conflict would arise with the presence of the vampires in need of a better town to dwell in. Were they simply on vacation or would they be back in record time only to stir up the growing drama between the two species?

As Jacob and she walked through the door Andromeda was happily surprised to find Windy and Charlie talking. While she did not have the stamina to interpret whatever they were talking about, a smile formed on her face at the knowledge that the two of them were getting on nicely.

Charlie turned his head to see that his second daughter had come home with Jacob. The son that he never had together with the daughter he wished he could have raised. He didn't know whether or not their relationship was platonic or romantic, but he hoped for the latter. Bella had not taken her chances with him, rather focused on a man Charlie didn't find appealing as a son. It remained a sore spot between the two of them. A father who wished for a better lover for his daughter. Andromeda he knew wouldn't need such guidance, able to handle herself even at such a young age. He felt it within the letters she wrote. Hell, she had better grammar than he did and he was over twice her age.

"How are you two getting on?" Andromeda asked. Her father blushed slightly and nodded.

"You have a good choice in friends," was his response, quick and approving. Charlie's style of parenting made Andromeda let out a little giggle before she set her things down on the old table. Charlie turned to Jacob, who looked a bit out of place. "And I assume you treated my daughter well?"

Phrased as a question rather than a statement, Jacob knew. "Of course, Charlie."

Andromeda laughed and sat down next to Misty, who promptly laid her legs all over her best friend. The younger vampire squealed like a piglet before finally calming down when Jacob looked over at her to make sure nothing was amiss. Misty giggled at her friend's embarrassment, moving to lay her head down on Andromeda's chest.

"You better tell me how things went when we get up to your room," Misty signed. Andromeda rolled her eyes. He could see them, couldn't he? How silly of her. "And no response means my own interpretation... Just get your butt up there so we can gossip!"

She sighed. "Is that all you care about these days, Misty? Simple gossip and annoying my easily agitated twin sister that wants nothing to do with me?" The nod in response gave her everything she needed to know. After over a decade of friendship, she expected nothing less. At this point Misty could be played off as a dog who chases its own tail, always looking for more out of her immortal life and dragging Andromeda into her scuffles. Not that the younger girl minded her eccentric attitude, it has its upsides. "Someday all of your blackmail is going to bite you in the ass, I hope you know, and I will be there to laugh at you when it does."

"Whatever could you mean, Andy? You're going to bail me out!"

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•