once rick had his hands wrapped around both the boy and the woman, i noticed that the unknown man sent smiles toward the happy couple, but the woman sent suspicious glances. something had definitely happened while rick was away. i wasn't going to say anything, it simply wasn't my place.

_________________

   the old guy, dale, had been nice enough to let me stay on his rv couch, until we found a tent or something for me to stay in. everyone thought i'd be uncomfortable sleeping in a tent with people i didn't know quite well.

   so i began settling myself inside, watching as dale brought me out a blanket and pillow from the back. "thank you, i really appreciate it." i smiled, lightly taking the items from his hands. "you're  welcome, make yourself at home." he stated, sending me a small smile.

   he started walking towards the rv door, but before exiting he turned around to look at me, "we usually have bonfires at night, you know to talk and keep warm. would you like to join us?" he questioned, causing me pause.

   i smiled, "no thanks, i should get some sleep." genuinely needing to catch some hours. he nodded, stepping out, leaving me to be alone.  i sighed, pulling off my scrubs and changing into the clothes that, lori, lended to me.

   a knock on the door startled me, making me jump a bit. "dale probably forgot something" i mumbled to myself, walking over to the door.

   "glenn?" i questioned, seeing the brown haired boy with a ballcap on, standing in front of me. he smiled, "dale said you wanted to stay in tonight, mind if i keep you company?"

   i hesitated before nodding, "i'd like that." i smiled, moving to the side to let him in. he took a seat at the table, grabbing a random book from dales shelf. i sat across from him, grabbing one myself.

   "you're into books?" he questioned, looking up from his own to look at me. i shrugged my shoulders, placing it down on the table, "i use to read a lot before college, but my studies took a lot of my time." i responded, causing him to nod. "you?"

   he shook his head, "i'm more into comics, i read these to pass time."

   i gave him a small nod, "so how'd you end up with rick?" he asked as i placed the book back on the shelf, tracing my fingers over the rest. "he found me at the hospital i used to work at, all banged up and clueless to what happened. we were both unconscious at the start of the outbreak."

   glenn shot me a curious look, "unconscious? how are you guys still alive?"

   i shrugged my shoulders, "pure luck i guess, i should for sure be dead right now." i mumbled the last part, my mouth turning to a frown.

   "im sorry, i didn't mean to be pushy." glenn apologized, avoiding my gaze. I quickly shook my head, "no, you weren't. I just believe i wasn't built for this world, other people who have died were." i infomed, his gaze returned to mine.

   he shook his head at my words, causing my to raise my brows, "they way you handled merle showed leadership. from both you and rick."

   a slight smiled appeared on my face, "you think?"

   "hell yeah." he nodded, boosting my confidence. I smiled, looking down at my fingers, causing him to place his hands over mine. my head shot up, his eyes never leaving mine. i swear it felt like we had sat there for hours, just staring at each other.

   a door creaked open, causing me and glenn to jump back away from each other. dale came in, acting clueless of what he just walked into. "son, im tired, and im sure melanie is too. you guys can talk tomorrow." dale stated, causing glenn and me to nod.